JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a house and moved last month from one side of Tacoma to the other and my ID and CPL have my old address.

What do I need to show the gun shop to show my residency, or do I need to buy a new DL?

I don't think you need anything.

According to the DMV you don't even need a new license, you can change it on the Internet and they'll change their records. If you want a new license with your new address there will be a fee. I don't think you need any proof of residency, a declaration is adequate.

As far as your CPL it is valid until expiration, you do not need to change it, no law requires you to. If you want a license with your updated address you have to go to the LE agency having jurisdiction, fill out an application, check "replacement license" and pay 10 bucks

The clerk wants my address for the DROS. The first thing they ask when I hand them my ID is, "is this your current address?"

Missed the context of your question. Sorry.

Usually utility bills prove address, never for a gun sale, but ive used recently postmarked envelopes from the postal service addressed to me for residence verification in the past you might just want to get a new DL.

Did you ever try just telling them you moved and are in the process of replacing your license?

put your new address on a paper and tape it to the back of your license. I did that for my last gun purchase and it worked fine. As long as you get it changed in the DOL computers it should be fine.

I thought WA was like OR and all you had to do was go online and change your address and the state would send you a paper sticker with your new address on it. OR requires you to change your CPL when you move but the last time I was in, the Clark County Sheriff's Dept told me that I only had to have a current DL and didn't have to change my permit unless I wanted to.

I changed my address with the DOL about a month ago and never got a sticker in the mail, but last week I broke down and ordered a new license with my new address on it. I just want to pick up a rifle I've had on hold and don't want to wait the "up to 45 days" to receive my new DL.

It is interesting how this stuff works, especially state to state. I moved this last summer and hadn't done anything about my address but ended up buying a pistol on line and when I went to pick it up my DL didn't match my current address. The FFL told me that my DL and address needed to match for his records and so he changed my address with the state when he did the background check. I received my sticker a couple of weeks later.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top