JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this idea from another forum I frequent. The thread seemed kinda pointless at first until it got going and then it became interesting for me to observe what others carried in winter vs summer as their most frequent (go to) carry pistols of choice.
I'll start with mine here:
Glock 26 9mm & Ruger LCR 38 sp +P
Cooler months- G26 because, it just shoots the best for me out of all the sub compacts, it is comfortable enough carried IWB to wear all day on a regular basis in a hybrid style holster, 9mm is almost affordable enough to shoot often enough to become proficient with and it is as reliable as Glocks are!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warmer months- I chose the Ruger LCR for warmer months because it is almost forgettable carried in a good pocket holster with its light weight and it has an almost S&W like smoothness to its DAO trigger pull and still handles the hot +P ammo from Double Tap & Buff Bore quite amazingly with the Hogue grips. Shorts and a T-shirt are not a problem. It keeps me from settling for one of the mouse gun cartridges & has the reliability inherent of a good revolver.
Complements:
I'd say they complement each other in size, power and the tupperware factor :D but certainly altogether totally different animals with their own unique characteristics, strengths & weaknesses.
These 2 pistols are my most frequently carried CCW's

P3131043.jpg

I'm used to carrying the big .454 or .50 revolvers as OC in the summer, but now that I'm a "city slicker" (not living in AK with the big bears roaming about) I'm seriously re-thinking my carry choices! ;-)

I'm in love with my Ruger SR9c for everyday carry, but as I got a bit warm wearing my sweater in the car yesterday I began thinking what I would do on a shorts/t-shirt summer day when the thing prints like crazy...

I'm thinking LCP or LCR, but I'm sure interested to see where this thread goes and what other advice I can glean!

-Case

First year carrying, but I just carry my Glock 19 on me. I normally just wear jeans and a t-shirt and lately I have been open carrying, or sometimes just letting my shirt cover it. I always carry my kershaw with me and it sticks down less than the knife does.

When I go to places that have something against open carry, such as Costco (Even though they have a big sign above member services with their responsibilities, and I believe it was # 4 out of 5 that said to follow all laws, or something to that extent) I carry in IWB with a neoprene holster. That really just needs barely anything, even just a shorter length t-shirt to conceal it.

I normally carry an SBR'd AR in .50 Beowulf during trenchcoat season, which for me lasts approximately 10 months/yr (the heat forces me to go without pants of any type during June, September, and parts of October, but the trenchcoat is such a versatile garment that I don't miss them).

During the summer, I'm have to settle for a pair of Glock 20's (along with my usual backup gun, a S&W Model 500 w/ 2 3/4" barrel).

I normally carry an SBR'd AR in .50 Beowulf during trenchcoat season, which for me lasts approximately 10 months/yr (the heat forces me to go without pants of any type during June, September, and parts of October, but the trenchcoat is such a versatile garment that I don't miss them).

:huh: Doesn't the "H" in OR CHL means handguns?.... are you serious?

Winter is a Sig P226 or Glock 21 in a BlackHawk paddle and hot summer days P238 or PPKS in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe always with 1 extra high cap mag. My thinking is when its cold and rainy I want to have a larger caliber and higher capacity to penetrate thick and numerous clothing layers and in the summer I can go small and less powerful again because of my and their mode of dress.

I perfer carrying my fullsize 1911 high cap but obviously can't all the time do to the weather. When I can't carry it I carry my PT145 45 ACP or soon my new to me Para Warthog Micro 1911 (6.5"x4.5" 10 round mag 45 ACP oh Heck Ya!). If I am carrying nothing else I'm carrying my Ruger LCP often times along with one of the other 2 listed above.

I'll put two set up. 1 set of single action auto's and one set of DA/SA auto's.

Single Action
Winter - Wilson CQB w/ light rail
Summer - Wilson CQB Compact

DA/SA
Winter - P220
Summer - P245

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show