JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of time there, and for some reason I've never been there.

What's it like, other than a town of about 3,700 people?

Oops. Sorry mods. Please move this if you wish - wrong section. <done>

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of time there, and for some reason I've never been there.

What's it like, other than a town of about 3,700 people?

Oops. Sorry mods. Please move this if you wish - wrong section.

Looks just like rural Southern Oregon, except it's in the gorge. Lots of oak trees, as well as pines. You can throw in a few Doug fir, too, but mostly it's Eastern Oregon type trees and weeds.

Tons of wildlife. Everything you'll see in Southern Oregon, you'll see around Goldendale, except the deer will mostly be Mule Deer. And, lots of very rural property for sale, outside of town.

And if you tell the locals you're from Medford, they'll laugh because you're from the big city.

WAYNO.

I have a friend who lives up there. It is a nice "one horse" town. It is a high desert type of terrain so it gets plenty of sunshine and lots of snow in winter.

It is reasonably close to the river and Oregon.

Has a Dairy Queen (known as The Dairy Queen locally ;)).

I don't see myself living there, but it is nice to visit.

I spent lots of time working there. Stay at the quality inn. The pizza place on the east side of the street two blocks south of the traffic light where the laundrymat is has good eats. It is a quiet town with pass thru traffic between the gorge and Yakima. Not alot else going on there. The Dalles is 35-40 min away for shopping. Any specific questions PM me. Good luck.

Two killer dirt bike race tracks, Eddieville (which you can see on the hillside south of town), and Starvation Ridge (further west). I make it down there a couple of times a year to race. They have the famous '24 Hours of Starvation Ridge' race down there at the end of October. It's sometimes 25 hours when the time change falls on the same weekend.

Other than that it is dirt farming and small town.

Rolling wheat fields to the south, pine forests to the north. Head north on 97 to the pass, nice deer hunting but the Reservation border is up there somewhere. Small airport in town. A lot of activity locally with the wind generators there and abouts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top