JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a P6, same as a 225. great shooter, runs like a sewing machine. only drawback is that it is a single stack.
get factory mags for it! made from real metal, it is one I don't see me ever moving along.

Telling me to go somewhere else was no help, I was looking for personal experiences. I did go to that forum and found nothing on the P-6.

There are all kinds of threads about personal experiences on the P6 - but it isn't easy to find them if you just enter "P6" because that is too short for the forum search engine. But if you use google and 'sigtalk.com: P6' you will find all of the threads.

There are all kinds of threads about personal experiences on the P6 - but it isn't easy to find them if you just enter "P6" because that is too short for the forum search engine. But if you use google and 'sigtalk.com: P6' you will find all of the threads.
Thank you that was a big help, as you can tell google search is not my native language. I have to beat on the keyboard with a rock to make the words come out. :)

I've never purchased one. Though I have had many a P226s, 228s and even managed to buy a P229 (all in 9mm). Actually, mine were mostly W. Germans.....yup, I'm an old guy. Anyway......i thought about a P225 (P6) many times but due to the high cost of ownership, size and weight issues......well, I passed.

I prefer my S&W 3913s (note: plural). But, that's me.

Aloha, Mark

I've not had a 3913 but did trade off my S&W 5906 for the P-6 Sig and feel like I got the better half of the deal. It feels like half the weight, half the size and granted half the capacity but also shoots groups half the size of the 5906.

Yup.....I like my S&W 5906. But, I like my P226, P228 and P229s.....BETTER. The recoil impulse with the S&W 5906 feels like a pussy cat. The weight of the 5905 is a plus here. But, the physical size and the boxy shape of the 5906.......isn't desirable IMHO. BTW, it was my on duty/holster carry firearm.

As a comparison, note the somewhat boxy shape of the P6 vs. the S&W 3913. And then, the S&W 3913 has smoother edges and an alloy frame to help with weight reduction. My S&W 3913 was my off duty firearm.

But, whatever.......some people like Chevys and some like Fords.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I found this article on all things P-6:

I had one, and it was a bit small for my hands. The bottom lip of the magazine would dig into my pinky. It also had an issue where if you used the de-cocker, the gun would not fire unless you racked the slide. Gave it to my dad.

Of the various HP ammo I've tried, it doesn't like it so ball only for mine.

8 round mag so it's what I've brought south of the border.

Needs better sites

Back when I got min (+10 years ago) it was a good value but wouldn't pay more that $350 today given used CZ's are found around that point.

More of a collector piece now I guess. Mine came with holster, mag pouches, box and the cops name / card (W German police turn in)

Back when I got min (+10 years ago) it was a good value but wouldn't pay more that $350 today given used CZ's are found around that point.

Or the fact that you can get PD tradein and other used newer and IMO better SIGs like a 226 or 229 for around $400-$500.

IIRC I have read that the W. German police/et. al. P6s had heavy triggers too.

I haven't owned one, but that is my impression. I like my 224 and my 226 and my 229 and my 227 though. Then there is the 2022 which can be had in excellent used condition for about $400.

Or the fact that you can get PD tradein and other used newer and IMO better SIGs like a 226 or 229 for around $400-$500.

IIRC I have read that the W. German police/et. al. P6s had heavy triggers too.

I haven't owned one, but that is my impression. I like my 224 and my 226 and my 229 and my 227 though. Then there is the 2022 which can be had in excellent used condition for about $400.

There is a 225 A1 on clearance at an LGS and I've been so tempted, but its only thinner than my 229 by a small margin and the 229 holds 50% more ammo. Haven't been able to justify it yet. That, and if I carry a single stack, its generally my 220. If I only get 9, they are gonna be bigger.

All of my 9mm SIGs also have .40 conversion slides (except for the 2022). I need to buy 9mm conversion barrels for the SIGs that originally came in .40 - anymore, I buy SIGs in .40 as getting the conversion barrel for 9mm is cheaper and easier to swap (lighter and smaller too if I want to bring it along) but they work better if you use the 9mm recoil spring. Sometimes you can use 9mm ammo in the .40 mags although YMMV.

For a 229 you have to get the .40 locking insert if you want to convert from 9mm to .40 (I just got one from CDNN for $20 which is half the price other outfits are charging).

I had one many years ago. The two problems I had were, the slide would rust fast and the feed ramp didn't like JHP ammo. Back in the day I didn't know about the Pow'R Ball ammo (JHP with a polymer ball made the bullet look and feed like FMJ round nose). So I took a dremel tool to the feed ramp and got rid of the step on the bottom of the feed ramp. It fed JHP just fine but I never did a "torture" test to see how reliable it was.

That was my first taste of a Sig pistol. I didn't care for the single stack mag/capacity though. Now I have my M11-A1 and I love it. Personally if the pistol is small, like a G43, I don't mind the low capacity. But for something the size of the P6 with a single stack, I'd want a bigger caliber like a .45 acp.

Of the various HP ammo I've tried, it doesn't like it so ball only for mine.

8 round mag so it's what I've brought south of the border.

Needs better sites

More of a collector piece now I guess. Mine came with holster, mag pouches, box and the cops name / card (W German police turn in)

I had a 1911 that wouldn't feed JHP reliably, so one day I was watching TheArmoryChannel on YouTube and he was talking about cor-bon Pow'R Ball ammo. It's a JHP with a white/clearish polymer tip that makes it feed and look like a FMJ but it's a JHP.... you can still find them for sale if your google-fu is good lol.
PB09100-20-2__24371__75530.1531670490.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads