JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for something fairly uncomplicated.

Best, most reliable models out there? Typical capacity, etc?

POS models to avoid?

Hoping I can use my air compressor to fill some reusable cans vs. buying CO2.

Maybe I'm dreaming... Has anyone ever reused an empty Coleman lantern/stove propane can for an application like this?

Total noob with BB's beyond pump plinkers. Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

I dont believe a tank pressurized to a few hundred psi of air will last long in a BB gun. Co2 has a high energy per volume because it is stored as a (relatively) lower pressure liquid. For air (at least in paintball) they use 3000-4500psi air tanks for a easy substitute for Co2. This method obviously requires a specialized compressor and tank as well.

What PG said... you'd need a "scuba" capable compressor setup, and I also believe FA BB guns are NFA items that the BATF controls... don't quote me on that, however I read a few years ago that the BATF were going after dudes who made PVC "silencers" for their paintball guns.

I remember ad's in the back of comic books when I was a kid for FA BB guns, you'd screw a can of R12 into it and as I remember the add saying something very similar to, "imagine the fun you'll have as you pepper the neighbor's cat!"... LMAO!!!

What PG said... you'd need a "scuba" capable compressor setup, and I also believe FA BB guns are NFA items that the BATF controls... don't quote me on that, however I read a few years ago that the BATF were going after dudes who made PVC "silencers" for their paintball guns.

I remember ad's in the back of comic books when I was a kid for FA BB guns, you'd screw a can of R12 into it and as I remember the add saying something very similar to, "imagine the fun you'll have as you pepper the neighbor's cat!"... LMAO!!!

Incorrect.

BB guns arent firearms, so no federal regulations. FA BB guns can be bought anywhere without restrictions.

BB guns arent firearms, so no federal regulations. FA BB guns can be bought anywhere without restrictions.

That's good to know, and I agree with you that they're not, BUT they're considered firearms if you commit a crime with one... like poaching, or robbery for instance. ;)

So back to topic... where do you go about locating FA BB guns? I've never ween them "on the shelf" anywhere, but then again I was never looking for one either.

That's good to know, and I agree with you that they're not, BUT they're considered firearms if you commit a crime with one... like poaching, or robbery for instance. ;)

So back to topic... where do you go about locating FA BB guns? I've never ween them "on the shelf" anywhere, but then again I was never looking for one either.

I have an IZH-Baikal Drozd with an ASA that I have altered over the last couple years. It is quite a bit of fun.

I had a Drozd for a while. It was fun for a while. After a couple mags full of BBs there wasn't much left of a soda can and your CO2 cartridge was empty. For a BB gun it was a bit loud. Not .22 loud but more then most BB guns.

however I read a few years ago that the BATF were going after dudes who made PVC "silencers" for their paintball guns.

The reason they were doing that is the silencers were removable and technically could be attached to a real firearm. If they were made as part of the barrel and couldn't be taken off without destroying then you were in the clear. Same thing as suppressors for air rifles

I can tell you I've had lots of fun "shooting the star out" with a Feltman. :s0155:

<broken link removed>

Man, I can't tell you how cool it would be to get a Feltman or Star Shooter. I remember them from decades ago when I was a kid at carnivals, MANY decades ago. That's exactly what I'd like to find. As Feltmans are extremely rare, I figure chances are better of finding a Star Shooter. But they don't sell individual guns, only "games," the whole shebang like you see at the county fair or something. Anyone know how I might acquire just the gun? I have a compressor, I can find the ammo, and I'm ready to grab one!

Cybergun just started making an Uzi look-alike that comes as a semi-automatic but there's a simple way to convert it to full auto. Get on Youtube and do a search for: Cybergun Mini UZI BB Gun Full Auto Modification . It shows the gun and gives a detailed video on the conversion process. Very clean and full or semi auto are selectable.

I remember when I was a kid, at the carnival there was a shooting gallery with Thompson Machine gun look-alikes that you could shoot at balloons in full auto. I know they took BB's and had a air hose run to the gun for propellant. I'm shure they were a low pressure thing, but I have always wanted one to use near my shop off the air hose. I'm only 31 so it wasn't THAT long ago! any one ever see those?

I've actually seen the carnival style Thompsons for sale on the auction sites. They're not cheap. I used to have a full auto made by Larc Industries that ran off of a Freon can but as soon as the temp dropped the pressure dropped too. I made an adapter for mine that would hook to my compressor and it would sling BB's like crazy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top