JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Norinco SKS, I bought it new years ago. Low round count. Original, with wood stock. Only thing I have done to it is install Tech Sights TS-200peep sight. From what I can tell from this forum, around $350 seems like what they sell for? Or what do folks look for on SKS's that might affect the resell value?

I bought two SKS in the last year and shopped a lot of ads, and there are a LOT of them for sale. Myself, I think the Norinco is superior even though the Yugoslavian is heftier---I like the chrome bore so I don't need to fear corrosive ammo. One of mine came with the original sales receipt for $65.00! Basically, nobody wants to pay more than three hundred unless there are quality modifications or ammo included---and really "bubbafied" SKS are not well received. So a lot of SKS listed seem to never get sold. YOUR addition of the TechSite is a big plus, so your price is right in line.

So, how you likeum that TechSite? Is it a pain to re-zero after every cleaning? Or is it no big deal? I have wanted one but that element of the design annoys me........................elsullo :winkkiss:

YOUR addition of the TechSite is a big plus, so your price is right in line.

So, how you likeum that TechSite? Is it a pain to re-zero after every cleaning? Or is it no big deal? I have wanted one but that element of the design annoys me........................elsullo :winkkiss:

I really like the Tech Site. No problem so far having to re-zero after cleaning. But haven't done it that many times since installing it. But knowing now how it works and how to tweak it, dialing it back in not bad at all.

I bought two SKS in the last year and shopped a lot of ads, and there are a LOT of them for sale. Myself, I think the Norinco is superior even though the Yugoslavian is heftier---I like the chrome bore so I don't need to fear corrosive ammo. One of mine came with the original sales receipt for $65.00! Basically, nobody wants to pay more than three hundred unless there are quality modifications or ammo included---

yeah..... there seems to be lots of them out there for sure. Were I to put mine up for sale, I would price the SKS + lots of 7.62 ammo, so maybe $350 min (I have quite a bit of 7.62x39 and no need for it without the SKS). We'll see. I've carted it around for 20 years, what's another 20 years.

They are a lot of gun for the money. I've bought them from $100 in1990 to $250 recently. Don't plan to sell. That much money isn't going make a difference and I have tons of ammo I bought when it was 10 cents a round.

I got lucky and found one without a stock (when I just happened to have a stock) for $150. It's in better shape than most I've seen too. I bought the Techsights for it also, but haven't installed it yet. I was considering parkerizing it later this year - who knows. My intention for it is to be a working rifle.

What I really want is the parkerized paratrooper on gunsamerica.com, but it's really hard for me to spend $450 on any SKS.

In reality, I've seen lots of them from $450-600 all over the net. But, I still see them for sale. I'm not sure what they are waiting for. I guess if things get worse politically, someone will buy them. But if things get worse financially, ... I'm not so sure.

I like em alot, worth keeping in my opinion. I have had my norinco for about 10 years, very reliable. They have a bad rep and I hear people saying the chinese are sks are POS! but i dont agree. I think its even a better quality than the Romanian AK i have.

I like em alot, worth keeping in my opinion. I have had my norinco for about 10 years, very reliable. They have a bad rep and I hear people saying the chinese are sks are POS! but i dont agree. I think its even a better quality than the Romanian AK i have.

Oh - I definitely disagree with the POS assessment - so I agree with you. Very pleased with mine.

I'm going to hang on to mine. Fun to shoot little chinese buddy that it is.

Way more fun to have than try to sell, after reading this thread- GunsAmerica is one of the worst places to get prices if you actually want to sell an item. and in the SKS market you get 3 different buyers -

all original and they are adding to their collection.
Looking for a cheap semi-auto - the Sights you added are great here.
Want a bubba'd cheap gun that looks like an AR.

Because the market is full of all of these its still a bad time to sell, I've found some great ones in the last year but far more are over priced.
Glad you decided to keep it.
The Chinese are the best shooters, the Russians and Romanians can be better but many more of these have seen more wear. Yugo's come in 4th and Albanians - which are what I want right now, come in last. But for pricing;
Nice Russians; 450
Albanians; 400
Romanians; 350
Yugos; 250-300
Chinese; 200-250 range
these are closer to selling price, but I'm a fan of buying SKSs not selling them.

I love my SKS. If I wanted to focus my collection i'd get one of each. But right now only one is calling to me (if i ever find one for sale) and that is an albanian. Those rifles are so cool.

I have a yugo and it is one of my favorite shooters. I think they are #2 just below albanians in the "cool look" factor. Russions are a close 3rd. chinese are last on my list... they have just never appealed to me.

With that said, I found my yugo in the summer of 08 for $175. Then again it's pretty beat up with stock carvings and worn metal. But that's the way i like it so it was a steal!!

Bought one YESTERDAY Chinese Folding Stock Flash suppressor, extra Fajen Thunb Hole Stock (Which is for Sale) orig Mag 2 30round Duck bill and 1 20 Round. Whole pile 250.00 going price.....Makes me three......

I have a Norinco SKS, I bought it new years ago. Low round count. Original, with wood stock. Only thing I have done to it is install Tech Sights TS-200peep sight. From what I can tell from this forum, around $350 seems like what they sell for? Or what do folks look for on SKS's that might affect the resell value?

The factory in which your SKS was made will have an effect on it's value with factory 26 bringing higher prices.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top