JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm pretty sure that the Prius is exists because God hates me. Question I pose is: Do people drive 50 MPH in the left lane because they bouoght a Prius. Or do people buy Priuses (pri'i?) because they are they type of douche bags who drive 50 MPH in the left lane? I'm truly confused.

Two things about the Prius,...
In a survey of people who bought them, their #1 reason was:
"Because it says something about me"

Then there is Jeff Dunham's comedy routine about driving their powder-blue Prius instead of his Hummer. His wife was apparently the first one to notice the phenomenon.

Youtube should provide it if you haven't seen it. Put my two things together and you'll have the complete picture!

Well, I'll stand in disagreement here.

My wife rarely drops beneath 70 on open hiway

In our 2005 prius coupe.

It has actually been a pretty slick vehicle since day one.

Gas mileage purely beats the **** out of my F250 7.3 liter

Which I will drive until there is nothing left but a rusting frame.......

Nonetheless, the prius has averaged 49.5 mpg over a span of 60 k miles,

The ford has averaged a steady 17 mpg over 166 k.

The ones who get my blood boiling are the brand fresh new 3/4 ton

Chevy SilverDildos chromed to the eyebrows, in the lefthand lane,

Yuppers, doing a consistent 45 mph.

Just my .01, corrected for the euro.

isher

HA.

(I'll start by saying I drive a Subaru WRX *modded*)

The hippies who can't afford a Prius still drive Subaru Foresters. I come up on them all the time in the left lane... Yup... You can tell them by the rainbow bumperstickers and the Labrador Retriever in the back.

Soo... to answer the question: Hippies did exist before the Prius, they have just changed modes of transportation.

STIS are slow as molassas on a cold winter day. Prius' are cool, hippies smell. The left lane should be for breaking the law or passing only

That about covers it.

So I'm pretty sure that the Prius is exists because God hates me. Question I pose is: Do people drive 50 MPH in the left lane because they bouoght a Prius. Or do people buy Priuses (pri'i?) because they are they type of douche bags who drive 50 MPH in the left lane? I'm truly confused.

Give them a break, they were probably just up from Oregon.

It's the people, prius will cruise at 80 no problem.
side note:
prius wasn't designed for fuel economy, it was designed primarily for low emissions. fuel economy is a by-product. cruising at 80 gets MUCH lower fuel economy. (DUH)

HA.

(I'll start by saying I drive a Subaru WRX *modded*)

The hippies who can't afford a Prius still drive Subaru Foresters. I come up on them all the time in the left lane... Yup... You can tell them by the rainbow bumperstickers and the Labrador Retriever in the back.

Soo... to answer the question: Hippies did exist before the Prius, they have just changed modes of transportation.

Working in Corvallis, I can say this is so true!

KTM530XCW: With a user name like this, I should assume that you can just jump over those priuses. Or that they are mad because they haven't found a way to haul a bike with that prius.

I can almost count on every Prius I see having a Obama, war is not the answer, and one of those dump Coexist stickers on the back. They hated my Dodge when I blew Black Soot Smoke all over their car and in the window from the 6" straight pipe and the oversized injectors!

Like Dyjital, I too drive a heavily modified turbo'd Subie, and as I once told a Prius owning co-worker, that if I ever saw him in the left lane, I would renounce my distaste for NASCAR and put him into the wall. lol

They only drive those P.O.S. because the Segway can't do 45mph. Plus, you can't carry your 50 lb. hemp purse and dreadlock pnutbutter hair goo on a Segway. Greydog.:p

Ha! Ha! Thats a vision, a Segway cranking down the road in the left lane at 70+!!

And yes, in Portland most of the Prius sport Obama stickers on the rear. Save the whales, hug the trees and kiss a spotted owl today stickers too.:)

Funny -

Seems there is a multigenerational gap here.........

Back in the 60's I ran and rebuilt ViWis because they were

Economical and suited to my purpose.

Plus an International Harvester Travelall

Rudely cut off into a pickup truck with a torch.

Cost me 300 bucks.

Now I was what you might call a redneck hippie.

Long hair, beard, multiple guns and chainsaws,

And a bunch of other equipment.

And I haven't changed much either in principle or purpose

Over the last 40 years.

Yup, I've hunted and fished all these years,

Still live off wood heat

And am committed to trying to preserve

The few shreds of our environment left.

Now, to those who have posted about

Their jacked up Riceburners,

Just exactly what is your point?

I have zero problems with more environmentally

Friendly vehicles.

And I have zero problems with more environmentally

Friendly people.

Yayuss?

isher

I can almost count on every Prius I see having a Obama, war is not the answer, and one of those dump Coexist stickers on the back. They hated my Dodge when I blew Black Soot Smoke all over their car and in the window from the 6" straight pipe and the oversized injectors!

I'd hate that too. :s0154:

I only did it to the people impeading traffic or with some dumb hippie/lefty sticker. My point of having a big lifted truck with a built engine was this: 1 - I live up in the woods, we have a lot of property, I take it through thick clay mud to the bottom of our motocross track to bring up firewood and whatnot and I was the only truck that could get up and down our road last winter through the 5' of snow, I gave the Sheriff a ride to an old womans house so he could build her a fire, and bring up fire wood. Then I pulled the sheriffs car out of the ditch. That is why I had a lifted truck, and in those coditions, YES, 37" tall mud tires were needed. 2 - I had a 6" straight pipe and big injectors, along with a lot of other engine work because I could tow anything I hooked up to, which was included in my work. The 6" pipe kept my EGTs cool and the injectors gave me horsepower. This also made my truck "useful" with those big tires, it could make em work. It was a thought out plan, not just me trying to have some "jacked up" noisy, smokey, smelly truck. And the huge winchbumper, that everybody hated, it had a perpouse too, like pushing the idiot in the BMW out of the way when he cut me off and locked up his brakes when I was doing 45 with a 10,000 pound trailer behinf me. The bumper didn't even get a single scatch on it.

Funny -

Seems there is a multigenerational gap here.........

Back in the 60's I ran and rebuilt ViWis because they were

Economical and suited to my purpose.

Plus an International Harvester Travelall

Rudely cut off into a pickup truck with a torch.

Cost me 300 bucks.

Now I was what you might call a redneck hippie.

Long hair, beard, multiple guns and chainsaws,

And a bunch of other equipment.

And I haven't changed much either in principle or purpose

Over the last 40 years.

Yup, I've hunted and fished all these years,

Still live off wood heat

And am committed to trying to preserve

The few shreds of our environment left.

Now, to those who have posted about

Their jacked up Riceburners,

Just exactly what is your point?

I have zero problems with more environmentally

Friendly vehicles.

And I have zero problems with more environmentally

Friendly people.

Yayuss?

isher

Well I'm probably older than you think, hence the phrase "jacked up rice burners", makes it blatantly apparent that you don't know anything about cars except for VW's and their look at me burn so pretty underwater magnesium blocks. I'll put my so called rice burner against your German engineered Mexican built POS anyday. **** I'll even let my Japanese girlfriend drive the ride.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top