JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll just release a robot cat and set it to run away from the dog. Problem solved, no shots fired. :D

My question is does their off switch work any better than a real dog? Do you have to press the button 8 times while yelling really loud and yanking on the leash, or does it stop biting right away?

How about a big bowl of 123 batteries?

(For the record: These ideas are not for use on LE robot dogs, these ideas are for counter measures if the criminal element copies or steals LE technology.)

I have the sudden urge to punch myself in the face.

(something tells me I'm not the only one) :s0140:

That's funny right thar!! :s0140:

E867472D-A11D-42B3-A32E-ED13D6A4BC33.gif

Their current weakness is battery life and the limitations of AI. Both will be non issues 10 years from now.

Target the electronics. Those will be shielded so EMP devices will be meeningless. Electronics will be well protected as well.

Maybe an electro magnet and a car crusher? Perhaps live in a junkyard?

I'm so glad I was able to live a few decades as a free man.

A big frickin sledge hammer. HULK SMASH. Until they're armed. Cops have already weaponized robots though - so even if the damn thing doesn't have a gun, it could be "expendable" and some strapped with explosives like Johnny Jihadi ready to blow you up. But I think smashing the damn thing right in the "head" or the mid section with a 10lb sledge a couple times will wreck it good.

Don't think they're not planning on arming robots though. Tazers, OC dispensers, or firearms - those who want to think that police won't wind up with armed drones, armed robots, etc are deluding themselves. The tech is already there - whatever the US military has today, you can bet that in time it will filter into the hands of civilian law enforcement. Be glad that your local sheriff's office or big city PD doesn't have the budget for a surplus Apache or A-10. Blue Thunder was a movie, but there are people in government who want to make it reality. They could easily use the "civil unrest" we've seen in places like Berkley and Portland to push the notion that police need to be "better equipped to deal with the evolving threats posed by domestic terror groups and large scale riots"

Thermite may be a good option too, but its kind of slow to work. Plus you're pretty much gonna burn your house down with the stuff.

Having never shot a robot dog or terminator before I can only guess here...

I would guess that anything in the 5.56 and up range , for a rifle would be fine...
Shotguns with #4 on up buck and or Slugs ought to work too.

After all its only metal and plastic...and any of the above will destroy metal and plastic.

Maybe the best bet here would be to go after whoever has the "remote control" for these things....
Andy

ha, i started writing an actual solution, then erased it. Its clear that Boston dynamics is watching this thread and will develop solutions to overcome our ideas. Your being used as virtual beta testers.

The Big Dog robot was designed to carry loads for the military, it is actually really neat and very very tough. When they were designing it they would release YouTube videos of people trying to knock it over, trying to beat it to death and putting it in the middle of an ice rink. It doesn't fall over, they get it almost down a couple of times but it stays on its feet so the lid stays intact, they are all terrain and made for Afghanistan type theatres with lots of steep steep terrain and extreme temps, so good luck with bullets or a sledgehammer, they aren't easily stopped once they have a mission to accomplish.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top