JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Robot "police" (state) dogs deployed for house entry for the first time.

So cue the questions on "what caliber" for robot dogs... I'm thinking steel #4 buckshot.

Or big weighted nets, tripwires, and such.... :ROFLMAO:

I don't know, but Glaser Safety Slugs ought to do quite well for drones!

The Big Dog robot was designed to carry loads for the military, it is actually really neat and very very tough. When they were designing it they would release YouTube videos of people trying to knock it over, trying to beat it to death and putting it in the middle of an ice rink. It doesn't fall over, they get it almost down a couple of times but it stays on its feet so the lid stays intact, they are all terrain and made for Afghanistan type theatres with lots of steep steep terrain and extreme temps, so good luck with bullets or a sledgehammer, they aren't easily stopped once they have a mission to accomplish.

I think it may boil down to disabling their sensory and communications systems. AI is predicted to be impossibly more intelligent than man by 2030 to 2035 and that has to be taken into serious consideration.

The Big Dog robot was designed to carry loads for the military, it is actually really neat and very very tough. When they were designing it they would release YouTube videos of people trying to knock it over, trying to beat it to death and putting it in the middle of an ice rink. It doesn't fall over, they get it almost down a couple of times but it stays on its feet so the lid stays intact, they are all terrain and made for Afghanistan type theatres with lots of steep steep terrain and extreme temps, so good luck with bullets or a sledgehammer, they aren't easily stopped once they have a mission to accomplish.
I refer you back to my robot cat. :D

Guess it has to escalate to thermite then. Since small tactical nukes are expensive, way more illegal, and probably far more detectable

Guess it has to escalate to thermite then. Since small tactical nukes are expensive, way more illegal, and probably far more detectable

Thermite in real life doesn't work the way it does in survivalist/dystopian fiction. Here is over 20 lbs of thermite against a sentry type home safe. These safes use even thinner rolled steel than your gun safe and no where near armor plate,

The first thing that comes to my mind is, if people are sworn in as "officers", they have certain "protections" (ie: "Assault of a police officer"). Police dogs are sworn in and have certain "Protections" too.

What about these things? Will robots now have certain "protections" too? o_O
I hope not. we don't need more protected classes in this nation.

This is all the gun you need, since it is all fake computer generated yak.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 2.09.49 PM.png

It would probably pay dividends to think about the areas in which these robots are weakest. The central carapace is the simplest area to reinforce and harden. The articulating joints will be the most vulnerable and the most difficult to harden. Also, don't expect the brains to be in the "head" like an animal -- these aren't animals.

The bolo idea mentioned earlier is I think, the type of idea that is on the right track. Anything that would freeze a joint or render the mechanism for that joint inoperable would be a realistic attack surface. It would be worth knowing how these joints are actuated: nylon gears? lotsa heat. Metal gears? lotsa grit. Hydraulics: I don't have experience with hydraulics but I bet plenty of people here know what screws that up.

Another thing to consider is battery life -- the one advertised in this thread has a 90 minute battery according to marketing materials (so probably on the optimistic side) -- anything one can do to cause it to consume more battery power during operation, will lessen the time during which it is dangerous. Recovering from bolo strikes for example, probably uses more juice than walking sedately on even ground. Anyway, the thing is nothing but a pile of junk parts without electricity to make it go and do logic, so making it burn through the battery pack is another rich area for potential countermeasures.

Back in the mid 80's I lived 3 doors from Linda Hamilton. I'm thinking I should try to live near her again. She seems to know how to handle the situation. (true story)

Paintball guns can be handy for blinding them. The Hong Kong protesters have also been disabling infrared 'eyes' with laser pointers. I don't know if that is only a real time disabling or permanent.
A wire rope loop snare on the ground is probably a good way to 'tie them up'.

The drones they have (in limited production I'm hoping) can recognize a human target through facial ID and fire a round from 1000 yards. You'd never see it coming. Infrared sees heat. A face ski mask and mirrored sunglasses aren't comfy to wear all day but that and clothing that contains the heat signature can make them bipass a target.

And if you find it funny, this is admitted and bragged about by the corporations that made and demonstrate them. Military Industrial Complex.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top