JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a complete Aero PrAR15 rifle lower and an upper and rail that need a barrel and BCG.

I have been debating on what to turn it into.

I have been leaning toward a BCA 350 legend barrel for $75. I Would just need barrel, gas block and tube and it would be my cheapest way. Plus right now prices don't seem so bad on the ammo

But I just can't decide

I have 223, 22lr and 9mm. I would like something heavier, the 350 legend seems like a good cheap option to get into.

But I'm open

anyway, I don't currently hunt, but would love to start.
I don't have any specific need other than Shtf.
Right now not doing any long range shooting and don't have a membership at any of the longer ranges.

any suggestions on something different and why?

Nothing wrong with another 223/556.

If I were to add another cartridge, I'd go 300 blackout before 350.

300 has more readily available ammos.

300 head spaces off the neck not case like 350 does, and has already shown issues with wrong size brass.

300 is readily available in subsonic, and that can be shot through a 9mm suppressor. 350 is still in the dark on whether or not subsonic is a thing with it or not and if the pressure will be low enough for use in a 9mm can.

350 legend vs 300 blk: both have their strengths and weaknesses. I have neither so take it for what it is. I'm assuming factory loads so the 350 uses 147+ gn .355" (9mm) bullets. Velocities will be below 30-30 win but not by much. In short ranges, it should be devastating on blacktails. 300 blk, using 125 gn, should also be devastating but anything heavier (145gn) will be subsonic.

I use Hornady H.I.T.S. to evaluate each caliber. You would have to use supersonic heavier bullets for the 300 blk to get a score over 500 (for medium size game). For 350, you would have to shorten the barrel to 12" for the same score (from youtube video).

I went with the 6.5 grendel. Its ballistics are better than the 300 blk even in a short barrel. But its still more expensive with limited supplies. If I had to chose between 300 blk vs 350, it would keep me awake at night.

After Reno posted, I was looking in the classifieds section and saw a member with a 16" DAniel Defense 300blk barrel, so I picked it up.
So I guess that makes my decision. Should be easy to swap again if I want.
Should be ready to go later this week.
I think what sold me was the option to go subsonic and use the 9mm suppressor, once I get one

one question is should I put an adjustable gas block on it?

i'm way late, but I woulda said 7.62x39. Readily available, stupid cheap, surprisingly accurate for how cheap they are, and you said SHTF gun...7.62x39 is a very common round and good for SHTF.

300blk is good too. almost identical ballistics. since you went that way, I highly suggest the 1-6x24mm ACSS Raptor 300BO/7.62x39 from Primary Arms.

get quick ranging and bullet drop for that specific caliber out of a 16" barrel right on the glass. Illuminated and FFP as well, so at 1x it's like a red dot keeping the rifle useful for close range while still being able to zoom and engage longer range targets without extra sights.

If you're reloading, 350 legend would be worlds easier to do.
Besides constantly ensuring case lengths.

I guess I'm unfamiliar with that one. I've only owned straight walled cartridges that perform in pistol cartridge pressures. Not sure how much stretch occurs with straight walled cartridges that have higher rifle like pressures.

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, super busy and out of town, but been thinking about optics.

i'm way late, but I woulda said 7.62x39. Readily available, stupid cheap, surprisingly accurate for how cheap they are, and you said SHTF gun...7.62x39 is a very common round and good for SHTF.

300blk is good too. almost identical ballistics. since you went that way, I highly suggest the 1-6x24mm ACSS Raptor 300BO/7.62x39 from Primary Arms.

get quick ranging and bullet drop for that specific caliber out of a 16" barrel right on the glass. Illuminated and FFP as well, so at 1x it's like a red dot keeping the rifle useful for close range while still being able to zoom and engage longer range targets without extra sights.

I recently purchased the following unassembled upper from Davidson Defense to mount on one of my lowers, They are ,355 caliber, in a staight wall 5.56/.223 case. Also purchased Hornady loading die set and a couple of mags, which fit and AR-15 mag well but the mag follower and mag lips are a bit different from a regular AR mag.
Bought just for yucks and to let customers try out on my home range for hunting with an AR in WA.

HRN3501HORNADY 35c(.355) 170gr SP-IL BULLET (350 LGND) 100/BX$24.71

23090_thumbnail.jpg PI-23090 Davidson Defense "Piopio" AR-15 Upper Receiver 16" Ultra-Match .350 Legend 4150 CMV 1-16T Barrel 12.5" KeyMod Handguard (Assembled or Unassembled)
Choose Your Assembly Option: Unassembled
SKU:
$154.99​

If I were to go 350 legend I'd get this.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top