JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
just remember, you're at the range. the range is for practice. in case of a malfunction, learn to work thru it. no need to tap,rack,GO and be in a hurry in case of a malfunction. safety is #1 for you and those around you.

I try to keep this in mind but i sually only do bursts of "Tac shooting" when at the range. this trip is more to test out my g29 with underwood 180 gr xtp for SD and 200 gr for handling woods. then secondary objective is more familiarizing the little lady with firearms

I had some Winchester 06 factory rounds with a squib in them years ago.. Super X. I drew down on a huge elk, gently squeezed the trigger and "click".... I swear the elk was giving me the finger, or the hoof, or whatever as he bounded away.... Not the type of thing you forget. Did I mention I haven't fired a factory round hunting since? Been reloading for nearly 40 years now :D

Never had any factory loads squib. Reloads... lots of em. It's really hard in action pistol with electronic muffs to hear the diff tho... I'm so thankful for ROs that are on the ball and yell STOP!!!

No squibs just too hot IMOP. Especially since they were HSM reloads in mixed brass.
This fits me also with no squibs out of an enormous life time of rounds from an eclectic and sometimes suspect sources. I don't know the acronym IMOP (makes me want pancakes) but in surmising, I too have had a reasonable number of firecrackers, some of which made me nervous towards dropping the hammer a second time and thankful the hot load was unitary.

Never a squib besides my own. It worked out fine though, I had the extra powder in another round in that box! :oops: .38 Special being shot in a .357mag pistol.

I've seen Winchester white box .45acp with DEEPLY seated bullets though. Scary deep.

...err does .380 in a 9mm count? Cough cough. Look over there, nothing to see here...

I'll see that and raise one 9mm shot from a CZ 75 in .40 cal. o_O Do I win something?

I don't know the acronym IMOP (makes me want pancakes) but in surmising, I too have had a reasonable number of firecrackers, some of which made me nervous towards dropping the hammer a second time and thankful the hot load was unitary.
IMOP=In My OPinion. Not sure why the convention includes the first two letters of the last word. It's a profound mystery. Maybe not profound. It kind of bugs me though. IIRC=If I Recall Correctly. Took me about a year to catch on to that one:p.

Never a squib besides my own. It worked out fine though, I had the extra powder in another round in that box! :oops: .38 Special being shot in a .357mag pistol.

I've seen Winchester white box .45acp with DEEPLY seated bullets though. Scary deep.

I'll see that and raise one 9mm shot from a CZ 75 in .40 cal. o_O Do I win something?
Did it light off?

IMOP=In My OPinion. Not sure why the convention includes the first two letters of the last word. It's a profound mystery. Maybe not profound. It kind of bugs me though. IIRC=If I Recall Correctly. Took me about a year to catch on to that one:p.
Thanks for that. I'm usually left groping for understanding acronyms later than the 70's. I think most now stem from abbreviating while texting, Since I don't own anything but a land line, A CB and a couple walkie talkies, I'm rather left in the dust when it comes to texting hipness I suppose.
c'est la vie

Thanks for that. I'm usually left groping for understanding acronyms later than the 70's. I think most now stem from abbreviating while texting, Since I don't own anything but a land line, A CB and a couple walkie talkies, I'm rather left in the dust when it comes to texting hipness I suppose.
c'est la vie
It helps to have daughters in the smartphone generation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top