Sporting Systems
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What bolt gun next?

Reactions
Been looking at Christensen arms mpr for long range and hunting. But the calibers! 6.5cm, 6.5 prc, 300 prc, 338. What do I choose? Occasional elk hunter and paper puncher out to 1000+ yards. Any input would make me smitten.

Reactions
I dunno what you like, but I would go with a Nosler rifle in .28 Nosler. Or if you want step to a .30 Nosler. Its what I have. Its light, 1/2 MOA and butter smooth action. I have all the others motioned above and they are great.

orygun

Reactions
I was poking at Ruger to bring the Long Range Hunter out in 300PRC, but what I really want is a Hwkeye Hunter in 300 PRC without having to build it myself.

Reactions
is this more for hunting or paper?
I buy guns for hunting but for obvious reason, I spent more time shooting paper/gongs in off season.
I really enjoy my tikka in 6.5 CM,
but 1000 yards the PRC for sure. in either 6.5 or 300.
Been hearing lots of good things about bergara

OP
M
Reactions
Right now I’m between the Christensen mpr and Q the Fix. Both fold. 6.5cm in the fix. Both fold and are light. For hunting, and also for suppressed paper/steel to 1000 yards. Anything over and I will build something dedicated for such

A rifle like that would be pretty one-dimensional as a hunting rifle. As long as stationary/supported is all you’ll ever do, it would work.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS