JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll say why I want one. Number one I have a kinda new 10/22 and its nickname is mr. jam-O-matic. Yes I know is is ether type of ammo or just needs 10k rounds to be properly broke in etc yata yata yata. I just don't enjoy shooting it.

I have had a few other semi auto .22 guns and one thing for sure, if they don't jam a ton they burn through ammo.

Oh.. here is another reason, loading 25 round BX mags sucks.

Bolt action solves most of that, I just don't mind shooting a bit slower specially if I don't have to clear a jam every 3 rounds and I get accuracy. Yes the 10/22 could potentially be more accurate and I do have a green mountain large diameter barrel for it. I kinds hesitate to put it on because it has the tighter match style chamber. Probably jam even more then the stock barrel. I am going to try putting on the barrel and do what I can to figure out mr. jam-O-matic's issues before I sell him.

Going to be teaching grand kids to shoot in a few yrs so any semi auto is out when it comes to family shooting sessions.

So those are MY reasons, though I am sure that question was for the OP.
Re gun for teaching kids, I can recommend the armscor youth 22 for the $. Length of pull is oriented for youth size. All metal and wood (except trigger guard and mag release). Threaded 18" barrel. Mine cost about $120 total incl transfer at lucky sporting goods.
C8463E58-AD1E-4147-B1FD-DB923F6F61A3.jpeg
Also pretty quiet with subsonics and auppressor.

Last Edited:
I like the cz bolt actions myself. I want to someday find a backwards Anschutz. I would not much agree with Tac's stock since I shoot rifles LH only. (I have never been able to shoot right handed with a rifle.)

My husband and I special ordered the CZ RF rifles today.

(He sold some extra reloading products that he is no longer using as much as he ages.)

His and hers CZ 457 LUX bolt action rifles in 22wmr.

Happy 70th birthday to me! (Not this month.)

One CZ 457 LUX bolt action rifle in 22lr.

I do have a CZ 455 LUX in 22lr and it is my MAIN rifle.

He owns a couple of other CZ bolt action rifles in RF too.

Take care!

Cate

:s0001:Wow, .22 Maggie?!:s0001:
You ain't foolin' around, Catherine!
You could take a nice 4 point with that one.
Congrats on your latest purchase. Those are some nice looking rifles. :s0155:

Dean

Get yourself a Marlin 60 tube loader and put a big scope on it. BIG. Maybe one that dials up to 16X.

Once you sight it in, you can knock a crow off a tree branch at 200 yards. Just aim him high. :) If you miss, just take another shot. And another.

Just ordered a CZ 457 LUX in .22 Long Rifle caliber, along with a DIP picatinny rail for it. That way I can use "normal" one-inch scope rings. Don't know why they don't drill and tap their receivers for actual scope bases, instead of that 11 mm dovetail. :mad:

Another vote for CZ. Can't go wrong with them.
I have actually shifted from CZ to the Ruger American target in stainless. Not that I think there is really a problem with the CZ. I am just looking harder at the Ruger and liking what I see. Ruger American® Rimfire Target

662738-7adbbf42879dda585fe5285ff204c0c3.jpg

The blued models are cheaper and go on sale from time to time. Might just go with one of them. Like the .17 due to the extended range but might go with the .22 mag. Might buy 2, one in .17 and one in good old .22 just for cheap short range fun.

662737-22ff751bf87c65206858e21b16c04afa.jpg

-

Someone mentioned a 10/22 being a jamomatic.

My S&W 15-22 has never failed with hundreds of rounds downrange.

Were I to buy a bolt action,I'd go for the Savage, the accu-trigger is a joy.

My Savage .17 HMR has a wonderful accu-trigger and is a nail driver.

Cant stand poor triggers.

Someone mentioned a 10/22 being a jamomatic.

My S&W 15-22 has never failed with hundreds of rounds downrange.

Were I to buy a bolt action,I'd go for the Savage, the accu-trigger is a joy.

My Savage .17 HMR has a wonderful accu-trigger and is a nail driver.

Cant stand poor triggers.

The Savage Rascal 22lr bolt action rifle (Single shot kid's gun.) even has a Accu Trigger.

They are cool little rifles for kid's and some adults.

Cate

Update from last week and Sunday:

The sweet CZ rifles came in and my husband was already out to the range with all 3 of them several times.

I plan on going out with him this week with the 3 new ones and a couple of other rifles. (My neck and back were sore so I did not push a long day at the range last week. I used my cane more last week too.)

They are tack drivers and he is very happy with them.

I have my 22wmr rifle kept apart from his 22wmr rifle.

He already picked up extra 22wmr ammunition for us @ Walmart too.

He bought a spare CZ brand 22lr magazine @ SW too.

He reloaded some more ammunition for his bolt action and lever action rifles too.

We updated his reloading supply lists too.

The spread sheet that I made for his reloading supplies over a 4 year time frame in .223, 30-30, 30-06, 45-70 and .45acp really helped him too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top