Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What Bipod for my PSL??

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by pdx1, Mar 15, 2010.

1. pdx1

pdx1 Portland Area Active Member

I have a PSL that I would like to put a bipod on.
    I don't see anywhere to mount one and not sure if using a barrel clamp bipod would effect the accuracy.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks

2. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

hello i was thinking of adding a metal plate under the front hand guard to make it stronger to put a quick change stud or a picatinny rail for the picatinny bi pod mount.good luck

3. pdx1

pdx1 Portland Area Active Member

I decided to go with a #5 harris bipod adapter
    it is for a colt ar 15 with round handguards
    It fits perfectly under the handguard without damaging the wood.
    If only i could find one local.
    dont want to pay more for shipping than i do the item being shipped

4. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try wholesale sports. They used to carry it when they were Sportsman's warehouse, when I worked there, but I'm not sure it they do anymore. Call the Clackamas or Vancouver stores.

Think about also drilling a hole and mounting to under part of forward receiver a bipod stud. The SVD has grooves to accept a bi-pod in this place but the PSL does not. Look at pictures of both styles. The hand guards are a better place than the barrel but they are not completely free floating either. I'm going to have mine drilled and a red star trigger put on this summer.

5. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

i think that looks better than what i was going to do on my psl.good job finding it thanks

6. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I found it long ago, when I had a Romak 3 that I had to give up. It's sometimes easy to find the things you really love!