JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If anyone watched the Palmetto State Armory shot show coverage, you would have heard the spokesperson state many times that they are a common use gun company. In other words they are trying their best to get as many of their products into the hands of Americans to ensure that verbiage holds true. They are a common use manufacturer.

Not that that verbiage matters anymore. They used it back then to try and regulate. It no longer works for them, so chances are they will try and eliminate that ruling. They will create a new word or whatever to try and ban them anyways.

Remember, gun grabbers do not care about precedence, they only care about eliminating guns.

Is there anything "common" in California other than dysfunction?

On a less somber note, President Trump is filling the federal judiciate with more conservative judges.

Well, two armed torsos are definitely most common, those arms being of the 3-Bone variety and most often tipped with a rather fine contraption we call a hand, that containing 5 appendages each.

Now, there are some torsos that do not contain this set-up, most having lost some part, few having gained...these torsos are not in common use and you should report them to your nearest police headquarters as the use of non-common arms is banned.

P.S. The whole damn argument is stupid.

Lets apply Racing Rules like they do for sports cars! For it to compete, it must be available to the public in a certain minimum number, say 500, before it is allowed or even considered! This insures that they are a production car and that the common man could purchase one!
Same with Guns, if it is made and sold to the public, its in "common use" by those definitions! even if it's something one off, or custom, if it is based off of something else that IS common, then it applies as well!

Agreed. The argument is stupid and whomever made such a ruling as "common" didn't understand "infringement" as if they did they would know such a dictate as ' common' is surely exactly infringing

I am torn about the "common use" and even the "dangerous and unusual" doctrine. Common use might stifle firearm innovation and could possibly be manipulated. For example, if firearms were all mandated to include a biometric device, God forbid, and biometric devices are not in common use, could all future firearms then fall outside of this protection? And, since all firearms are inherently dangerous in some respect, they already meet half of the other doctrine.

Lets apply Racing Rules like they do for sports cars! For it to compete, it must be available to the public in a certain minimum number, say 500, before it is allowed or even considered! This insures that they are a production car and that the common man could purchase one!
Same with Guns, if it is made and sold to the public, its in "common use" by those definitions! even if it's something one off, or custom, if it is based off of something else that IS common, then it applies as well!
Racing would be a lot more entertaining if it actually was a stock car.

I don't care if they no longer do 200mph or go for 500 miles...I want to see the mustang v camaro v challenger showdown using the version the "common man" can buy...not the one that's been stripped inside and out and custom built from the ground up.

Racing would be a lot more entertaining if it actually was a stock car.

I don't care if they no longer do 200mph or go for 500 miles...I want to see the mustang v camaro v challenger showdown using the version the "common man" can buy...not the one that's been stripped inside and out and custom built from the ground up.
There is the American Iron Race series, which does kind of what you are referring to! There used to be a Version of the BTCC here in the states, but I don't know if they still have it, basically show room stock cars with only safety mods allowed and racing tires and rims, cars were supposed to be road legal as well!

There is the American Iron Race series, which does kind of what you are referring to! There used to be a Version of the BTCC here in the states, but I don't know if they still have it, basically show room stock cars with only safety mods allowed and racing tires and rims, cars were supposed to be road legal as well!

I used to run on open track days in Arizona and grew up at Manzanita (dirt track). Auto racing seems to have lost its popularity in that part of the world - Manzy is closed now. I know about the Amer. Iron series...just wished Nascar would take a hint.

I used to do a lot of open track days, my little Alfa was and still is very impressive against modern cars, and my Challenger is flat out nuts against most road cars! :D

Sounds like fun! I ran ... get this ... a Saturn ... with a supercharger ;-).

That was a fun car.

Why, ..................we got a perfectly good thread derail going on right here! :p:D:eek:;):cool:
Really guys.
Focus!
FOCUS!!

This is a good thing. Using court terms and simple statistics with a judge who understands and respects the Constitution may get us our rights back. I think it will be a good start

To define "common use" IMO...

is it available on the open market?

Does it meet Miller criteria? (Suitable for militia/military use)

If the answer is yes to both....... :rolleyes:

On the other hand... if they decide that again, only arms that are issued in the military are "common use"; then Miller requires a repeal in part or ideally whole of the NFA1934 act and the FOPA86 Hughes Amendment

This would be a painful pill for the politicians to swallow because of precedent of Miller, AND the simple fact they used Miller as a citation against DC's handgun ban...if the Judges find that Miller decision protects arms in common use, and suitable for military use; then the Hughes Amendment itself is unconstitutional due to the existence of M4s and M16A4s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top