JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go easy, you can end up dropping well over a grand in "upgrades" and still only have a .22LR good for plinking.

I was thinking a more modest $100 lol. Looks like around $60 for the Tech flip sights, and $40 for various other small components.

Go easy, you can end up dropping well over a grand in "upgrades" and still only have a .22LR good for plinking.
Gonna have to agree. A few months ago I spent $600 on a Ruger 77/22 all weather, bought a Leupold vx2 2-7, and a 500 round brick of norma match 22lr. Know what I have? A $800 squirrel shooter. A goal that I could accomplish with my $50 marlin model 60.

That being said I love my fancy squirrel shooter:D

If you only had to buy one, the bolt buffer. After having them inn all of my 10/22s, I shot a friends and forgot how loss of a metal ping you get with the stock bolt stop.

Second, a better trigger. The Kidd trigger isn't cheap at $200 which is almost the same as the gun depending on the model, but once set at 1.5 pounds it is silly good.

After that ammo.

Standard upgrades to my 10/22s include:
larger than factory charging handle (wtf is that knub?)
replace the factory steel buffer with a rubber style
butler creek folding stock
Extended mag release

Aklys bullpup stock is my next 10/22 build.

Yes ammo and mags come first, Then if my money decides, and accuracy not primary concern, then I start with the auto bolt release. No further aggravating part on a stock 10/22.
Then probably;
Trigger
Extractor
Barrel.

Welcome to the fun and madness of Ruger 10-22 Rifle ownership. But ... be advised, (kinda after the fact here, but what the heck) that once you enter into the giggles and insanity of 10-22 ownership and use, THERE IS NO KNOWN CURE! It only gets worse and worser and worserer.

I need to learn how to take good pics and post such here on this Excellent Forum. Any 12 year old kid knows how. I do not. Anyhow, be prepared to spend several times what you paid for the rifle. How many butt stocks and optics will you try? ALL OF THEM. How much money?

ALL OF IT. It gets even worsererer. Over several years you will get and enjoy several 10-22 rifles. They tend to multiply like rabbits. You will need a bigger gun safe. And ... do consider, (if you live in OR) the NFA stuff. Do consider short barrel rifles. Do consider cans. Consider nite vision.

Do consider all sorts of good neat goodies like 100% reliable 110 round drum mags. How many butt stocks do you need? How many barrels? How many different scopes and mounts? You will find out. All fun. All doable. All fun and giggles. Have fun. Be safe. Spend all the money.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. :) :)

<broken link removed>
for some unfathomable reason this above site will not load true. Cause unknown proplusion sytem unknown guidence systems unknowns spellling unknown also Green Mountain Barrels.
www.eliteiron.com
best .22rf cans anywhere. spendy.
www.cheaperthandirt.com
110 rd drums when in stock.

Last Edited:
I the only "upgrade" I did to mine was put on an old 1.25x5 variable scope I had on it. After that buying a ton of .22 when on sale is how I allocate funds to feed that rifle and other same calibered toys.

Other than BX-25 magazines, just a threaded barrel and a duly-registered silencer. Silence is golden.

271532-34c5e449eabc4cf033bc4db8c26cbd3e.jpg

The best upgrade I ever did to my 10/22 was buying a $200 Savage bolt action 22LR. If I want to shoot small groups I take the Savage and if I want to have fun I take the 10/22. :)

1. Trigger - improves accuracy
2. Homemade bolt buffer - made from plastic dowel - gets rid of noise and makes smoother. $2 gives you many replacement bits.
3. Bolt release - I HATE the stock POS.
4A. Bull barrel (Kevlar replacement stock needed for this option)
4B. Hi Vis "clear" chamber indicator - these are very low cost.

My top four upgrades:

1. 3-9 scope zeroed in to the knat's a$$.

2. Shoot that bubblegummer.

3. Shoot that bubblegummer again.

4. Shoot that bubblegummer some more.

That is all, carry on. ;)

1. ammo
2. ammo
3. ammo
4. ammo

:) :) :) :)

Both of the above were my potential answers. I'd like a scope on mine, but all I've done to it is shoot it.

If I was to mod a 10-22 I'm sure it would look like @WAYNO 's, with a slightly longer barrel and no bi-pod. I really like the look and feel of a Hogue stock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top