JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Mikej I have a Rossi 92 in .38/.357 on backorder from my distributor. Henry and Rossi lever guns are all backordered from what I can see. Very frustrating.

I previously had a Winchester 94 in 30-30, but this will be my first Rossi. I ordered it sight-unseen.. The Rossi is the most affordable Winchester 92 clone I could find. I've heard about the fit and finish being rough, but I figure probably nothing I can't polish or upgrade. An actual Winchester lever gun in .38/.357 would be easily over $1000 at this point.
I just paid about $850 for a Henry .44 Mag side gate.
It was a long wait.
Beautiful rifle, though.

I just paid about $850 for a Henry .44 Mag side gate.
It was a long wait.
Beautiful rifle, though.
Henry's are definitely a step up from the Rossi, in my case I bought it for the kids to shoot. They are going through my 460 S&W and 500S&W brass quicker than I can replace it, LOL. Those cartridge are hard on primer pockets, stay away from Hornady brass as well in 460, might get two firings total out of it. The mighty 44 Mag is much easier on brass and still has some power to bang the steel that my kids like doing so much.

Funny you mention that brand. I figure I went to the same show in Hillsboro. More than once the Rossi brand caught my eye.

I only googled a few pics, haven't done much research.
Okay. Did you go back and fondle/ogle more times? When the seller got back to me this morning I asked if he'd sold the Rossi. He said "Almost", that a guy had come around several times. Might have been you? I'll have wifey send you a note of thanks if so. :D She's a good old girl. Blond as blond can be. Very blonde in the traditional sense in some ways, and smart as a whip in many others. Taking that into consideration, she liked the blond stock. And of course, shiny things. A big plus that it's in a handgun caliber, can be loaded medium heat, and have little recoil.

@Mikej The suspense is killing me. Did you get lucky sometime in the past day or so... or someone else nabbed that rifle out from under you?

Do we get to see photos?

(...of the rifle... not you getting lucky) :s0140:

@Mikej The suspense is killing me. Did you get lucky sometime in the past day or so... or someone else nabbed that rifle out from under you?

Do we get to see photos?

(...of the rifle... not you getting lucky) :s0140:
We picked it up yesterday after a visit to The Clackamas County Fair. I'll tell you what though, having to get from Canby to 185th and Farmington road area and back to NE pdx at 3:30 is sure frustrating. I've made a point for years to not get out and about very far from home after 3:00.

The gun itself seems really nice. The action is smoother than both my Winchester lever guns. I'm not familiar with the difference in the action from a model 94 though. Paid some extra bucks for some brass and extra rounds he had for it. This is a new thing for Wifey. It's a good size for a girl. She really doesn't shoot my rifles much. Even the low recoil guns like .22s and the .30 carbine. I had her just carrying it around, working the action, aiming it at stuff around the house. Hope to get her so she doesn't look so awkward handling a rifle. I'll get a picture up later, after she gets home from work.

Two more things :
1) Get her an Annie Oakley outfit
2) Get her some soft shooting Cowboy Action loads

And the whole thing could lead to a different type of Cowboy Action if'n ya get my drift.

:)

Two more things :
1) Get her an Annie Oakley outfit
2) Get her some soft shooting Cowboy Action loads

And the whole thing could lead to a different type of Cowboy Action if'n ya get my drift.

:)
She's already got a pair of REAL Cowboy Boots!

1660781715358.png
1660781750699.png

She wasn't going to put her cowboy boots on. :D She just got home after 8 hours at the store.

1660782257382.png

And she prefers "Calamity Jane"....

1660782314757.png

LOL

my 2nd SASS carbine was a Rossi, it shot cloverleafs at 50 yds all day long, took some levering it while watching Gunsmoke but later Rossi's weren't that tight, they had enuff complaints and paid attention.
for just general shooing u can't go very wrong with the Rossi, they are easy to love...light and handy . bring it in sept and we'll set up our steel on the action range,open to me wed and thursdays.

Its a nice rifle! Really like the stainless finish.
Personally I love my Rossi in .357/.38. Great little gun. I wound up polishing the action on mine a bit, but honestly it wasn't too bad out of the box.

I bought an early Rossi .44 carbine to pair up with some single action .44's. It has a high western cool-factor, and all in all it is a nice carbine but I've never trusted it as a deer rifle, it just doesnt measure up to the flatter-shooting rifles like .308, 7.92x57, or even the .30-30 really. For close-up shots I'd rather have my 870 anyway.
The Rossi must have known I didn't like it that much, cuz the the stock broke off at the wrist (my fault) and I havent been able to find a replacement. No one including Rossi seems to have any buttstocks for the early versions of this carbine.
Wish Id have kept the nice .357 Marlin I let slip away years ago..:(...

+++++ALERT+++++

09-22-2022.
I happened to be at Fisherman's Marine (Delta Park) and I saw what looked like a SS Rossi model 1892 lever action carbine. Sorry, the salesmen were talking with other customers and I didn't stick around to check it out. BUT, But, but......it's probably still there on the shelf.

Aloha, Mark

+++++ALERT+++++

09-22-2022.
I happened to be at Fisherman's Marine (Delta Park) and I saw what looked like a SS Rossi model 1892 lever action carbine. Sorry, the salesmen were talking with other customers and I didn't stick around to check it out. BUT, But, but......it's probably still there on the shelf.

Aloha, Mark
Did you catch what they wanted for it? Probably not if you didn't talk to someone.

Wifey finally got to shoot that gun this last week. She was blown away! We're down in Florence and good member "Trockmorton" takes us to his range when we're here. What a grin came across her face! So soft shooting with 200gr coated bullets over 8.1 gr Unique. Brass a little sooty. I'll up the charge some, and when these 200gr slugs are gone I'll get some 250gr.

Mikej,

No sorry. I didn't see the price (from where I stood).

Aloha, Mark

PS....Thumbs Up for "Throckmorton" (a great Cowboy to shoot with).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top