JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy my second pistol, I already have a carry gun, and was looking at perhaps a glock or m&p for a fun range/shtf handgun and went to the a gun store and started playing around with an FNX. I really liked it, fit my had great and in the right price range, unlike hk. What are your experiences with FNX or FNS and how would you compare them to glocks and other 5-600 dollar guns?

I have had an FNX-40 for over a year now and really enjoy it. I like the hammer fired pistol and the options it gives you. You can carry it on safe with the hammer down, safe with the hammer cocked or off safe wither way. The double action pull is quite heavy but the single is great! It has a short positive reset for follow up shots. The interchangeable backstraps are a nice although the checkered one I have been told bites a bit too hard, personally I don't have a problem with it. I would recommend it to anyone looking it's a feature heavy american made gun at a great price point. My only regret is I wish I would have got a .45.

Last Edited:
I had the XDM9 and sold it to get the FNX9. I'm much happier with the FNX9. The hammer fired pistol makes it much more enjoyable to shoot, at least for me.

As other have said, I wish I went with the 45 instead of the 9. Maybe someday.

I have considered getting rid of my G17 for an FNX or FNP in 9mm. It was my first pistol so their is some sentimental value.

I think the reality of it is that Glocks are ubiquitous. Magazines are easy to get, every gun shop (almost) has someone who knows them in and out, etc..
More Police/LEO use them, and they have an almost cult following.
To me, meh, not a fan.

Well thanks for the input. These are exactly the issues I'm dealing with. I have a .40 as my edc gun so I'm trying to decide to get another .40 or maybe have this be in 9mm for high capacity fun. Also keep going back and forth between the FNX and Glock. I like the idea of having a hammer and SA/DA, a decocker and the night sights the FNX comes with. It's not as indestructible in a shtf situation as the Glock, but I just like it (even though I've never fired one.)

The FNS9/40 is better than the Glock and is a more apples to apples compararison. For the reason that it has upgraded parts and ambi everything. It falls short of the Glock in one area that is worth considering, the Glock has afar and away more aftermarket upgrades and accessories available.

You would have to upgrade the Glock barrel, slide, spring, and night sights to have a pistol on par with the FN and you still don't have ambi controls or interchangable backstraps and it comes with 3 magazines. It's not a huge difference between the Glock and the FN, but the FN is for even money, more pistol.

You would have to upgrade the Glock barrel, slide, spring, and night sights to have a pistol on par with the FN and you still don't have ambi controls or interchangable backstraps and it comes with 3 magazines. It's not a huge difference between the Glock and the FN, but the FN is for even money, more pistol.

G4 glocks have interchangeable back-straps and comes with 3 mags. I would encourage you to try shooting them and see what fits you better. You can argue the merits of each gun until you turn blue, but until you do a side by side comparison for yourself you will never really know which gun is better for you.

G4 glocks have interchangeable back-straps and comes with 3 mags. I would encourage you to try shooting them and see what fits you better. You can argue the merits of each gun until you turn blue, but until you do a side by side comparison for yourself you will never really know which gun is better for you.

No argument from me about that, I like Glocks too. The FNS9 and 40 are right between a 17 and 19 in size. If I would have gone with a Glock, I wouldn't have been sorry. Another factor: love them or hate them, the FN has a safety on it the Glock doesn't, that tends to polarize a lot of folks one way or the other.

I've got an FNX-45, and frankly, it's probably gonna stay the only polymer-framed pistol in my personal armory. It's a veritable tackdriver. 15 +1 rounds of .45 ACP ... Total awesomeness. I've quickly become an FNH fan, for sure.

Well I ended up buying a used HK USP 9mm instead of the FNX and I'm thrilled with my choice. Still want an FNX in the future, perhaps in .45, but that will be some time away. I need a new hunting rifle and a couple other guns first. Damn, this hobby gets expensive.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top