JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haters gonna cry?

dKkJh0zDVQBHcrA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

EDC Simi-Auto pistol - sub compact 10mm auto 180 gr Gold Dot

Hiking/predator defense- sub compact 10mm auto 220gr 18bhn hardcast

Bump in the night gun - AR15 8" pistol 50 gr Barnes TSX

Home defense Shotgun - 20"12g pump #1 buck

Home defense rifle - AR15 18" SPR 69gr SMK

SHTF rifle for wife - AR15 18" SPR 69gr SMK

Elk/Bear/Moose - 30-06 Mauser action

Hunting rifle - AR15 18" SPR 70gr Barnes TSX

Small Game rifle - AR15 18" SPR 55gr soft point/fmj/hp/bonded

Small game/bird shotgun - 20" 12ga pump #7 shot

Large Bird shotgun - 20" 12ga pump #4 shot

Pest rifle -AR 15 8" pistol 50gr Barnes TSX

Guess the 30-06 is geared more toward one thing ......as versatile as it is.

before my boat sank I had 40 firearms they all did so many things none serve just one purpose, but it appears I could be happy with just a couple multiple personality choices

Two that come to mind:
Mossberg 500, tactical stock, FO front sight, plenty of 00B for home defense.
Iver-Johnson .22 LR revolver, 8 shot, 6 inch bbl. Kept in my GO bag with 100 rds.

The rest can be used for various purposes, mostly carry, or "just because."

Thought I would share and explore my thoughts on Single Purpose Guns. There are lots of if you could only have One type threads, how about one where you list what you keep for only one purpose (you could have lots of reasons: its an heirloom, its purdy etc).

Mine so fare are:

EDC Simi-Auto pistol - 9mm double stack

Bump in the night gun - .357mag revolver

Home defense Shotgun - pump

Home defense rifle - AR

SHTF rifle for wife - Sks

Hunting rifle - .308win

Small Game rifle - .22mag scoped

Small game/bird shotgun - 20ga SxS w/double triggers

Large Bird shotgun - pump long barrel

Pest rifle - .22lr/.22l/.22s lever

So I guess I'm at 10 that I only use for one purpose. Yes, there are guns on there that could serve double duty if I needed too, but these are the guns I grab every time in those situations because they are the best for me. (I also own a few heirlooms but do not use those other then to plink with, and a few I own just because I like them)

If this turns into a what gun is better for a given purpose then thats ok too, but thats why I left my answers somewhat vague: Yes, there are guns I would own if I had the money to do so but at this time in my life I'm going low end budget/high reliability.

I believe a .45 semi auto striker fire pistol with a light, night sights, and a can makes for a anti-bump in the night.

I do not make lists of all the firearms I own.

No one asked for your list of guns... And I seriously doubt anyone on this thread has so far listed thier entire collection - I know I didn't list even half.

If your worried about someone finding out you own more then one gun, then I would seriously reconsider regularly logging on to a Firearms site.

If your just trolling, kudos I guess.

My ( preban) police issue P229 SW40 is my go to for nearly all purposes within 50ft, its so darn accurate and zero recoil it hits what I point at easily in a response required situation its my go to its a great 2am go to.

For longer mid ranged one of the several modified SKS's or one of the AK's they make allot of noise and good for punching holes in whats needed.

Longer range, 7mm or 308 .

The rest fit in to these categories, I tend view my firearms in areas as effective and controlled ranges that work for me.

( ATTENTION FEDS)
Of course THE A FORE MENTIONED was before I gave away all my firearms, now I just own a Crossman BBgun and a big pointy stick.

All around target/plinker- Standard tapered barreled Ruger MkII .22LR in stainless.

Winchester 1300 Marine (stainless) with pistol grip rear and pump; side saddle with frame mounted laser (no flash light, I see extremely well in the dark, gifted I guess), and a tac sling.

This is pretty much my all around outdoor two legged animal control for neighborhood security. It is backed up by a Glock 19 in the event that the barrage of #4 buck doesn't do the job.

All around hunting is a Ruger Frontier "Scout" set up with a 12.5 inch LOP Fiber glass camo stock in 308 Winchester, purchased long before the Gunsite rifle came out. Light, powerful, and accurate enough to get the job done if I do my part. It could use some back up sights like the Gunsite, but it is much more streamline due to the floor plate and 16" OAL barrel.

Home security is a S&W 625 Mountain Gun, 4" in 45ACP.

My street walking gun is either a S&W 649-2 or 940 depending on whether my wife is packing that night, or not.

Ruger SBH with a 5.5 inch Barrel in 44 Mag. used to be my back packing/exploring gun. Figured it could handle whatever might come my way. Don't get to do too much trekking and exploring any more.

Like I've said before, unless I expect to find trouble, I'm pretty much a wheel gunner.

The couple guns I have, have multiple purposes (as far as I can figure), but the one that truly believe is completely useless and its ONLY single use is as a range-toy is my "little" SBRed FAL. First Class III firearm I ever owned and it was all for show. Useless beast to be sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top