JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Biggest problem I had was one off vendor that treats everyone like they are an inconvienence. I'm sorry, but if you work in selling something have some customer service.

I'm sure thats not you. It's mostly the weirdo old guys selling a bunch of random junk.

Prices were always high for gear, but prices were fair. It's always the price to get in and parking that kept me away. I'd rather go to a local shop or buy online. And not fork over an extra $20.

It doesn't piss me off nor does it rankle me at all, if people can find it for cheaper. .go ahead...find it cheaper.

People fail to realize that it is an investment to sell at the show which cost me 150 to 250 for a table. Now I gotta make that up in the first day selling stuff

End of day...if you are complaining about prices....go to another table...

And *BAM* PrDubi illustrates my chief pet peeve with perfect clarity: Retailers with a snyde attitude toward the customers who are simply attempting to get a better deal than they can find online.

You think I WANT to buy that gun, part, bag, ammo, etc online? No I do not! I'd rather buy it from YOU if I can get it for less cost. Bar none, there is nothing at a gun show that cannot be had for less even in a g-d d---ed brick and mortar shop! Why the hell should I drive for a long distance, pay money to park, and pay money for admission only to find inflated prices when I get there?

You want me to attend a gun show again, then give me a good reason. Until then my money goes elsewhere.

I've always been intrigued with things of historical significance. Like a swastika stamped into the receiver of a Mod. 98 Mauser - because of what was happening in Germany when that military weapon was manufactured.

What I have no use for at a gun show, or anywhere else, is a swastika emblem on a knock-off "zippo" lighter made in Taiwan last summer.

Last Edited:
I never like it when a vendor tries to tell me what I want. I was at the Tacompton rooty tooty point-n-shooty show a few months ago and was eyeing up a scope one was selling. He came over friendly enough and had an almost human smile when he asked what I was looking for. I admit, I made a mistake when I said "Nothing really, just browsing." It was then that he pulled out this sheet of printer paper with the ugliest AR I`d ever seen printed on it with a list of the parts on it and prices. It was like the pic, and the paper said you could buy the AR as pictured for less than the price of all the parts (which they stocked) separately. I put down the scope I was looking at, said "Thanks, but I`m just browsing" and kept browsing at the table across from his, looking at $370 AR uppers from the 70s. Until some tin foil loon comes over and starts his schpiel about big brutha gun getcha mayun, godda stokkpyile, dun furghet yar kondumbs eeda. He tried to hug me so I shook his hand and washed mine immediately afterwards. So to end this rambling wall of text and answer your question:
I love gun shows.
aJNMgn6.jpg

Biggest problem I had was one off vendor that treats everyone like they are an inconvienence. I'm sorry, but if you work in selling something have some customer service.

I'm sure thats not you. It's mostly the weirdo old guys selling a bunch of random junk.

Prices were always high for gear, but prices were fair. It's always the price to get in and parking that kept me away. I'd rather go to a local shop or buy online. And not fork over an extra $20.

I'm with you on this one. While I respect the fact that a vendor may have multiple people at any given show vying for their deals, it's no excuse to play the bubblegum card. I go to gun shows for the convenience of being able to pick up multiple items in one place. I don't go to save money. Trust in the fact that I'm not going to deal with an bubblegum vendor when I'm already overpaying.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man may be king, but if that one eyed man is being a jerk or a snob AND trying to sell stuff overpriced? Watch how fast I forget to use my inside voice when I point out that the guy 4 tables down has the same XXX for how much less?

I went to a gun show in North Bend last weekend. An old guy selling overpriced brass was bubbleguming to another old guy about the government, N...... this and N..... that, spouting his opinion on the President. You never know who is hearing what you say in public. All it takes is one reporter checking out to see what gun shows are about to overhear that crap and we're all a bunch of backwoods racists. It would also be nice if everybody remembered their deodorant before they went to the show.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top