JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I made our goal list for 2013.

#1 prepping goal - get in great physical shape. Not that we're bad shape, but we'd like to increase our cardio endurance and after talking, I think this is the best single thing we can do for prepping (and of course it has non-disaster benefits as well).

#2 prepping goal is to go through this with a fine-toothed comb:

IS-22 Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness

being pretty new to any sort of prepping and mostly being concerned about some sort of natural disaster, extended power outage, etc. my main goals are stocking up on ammo, getting our 72 hour bug out bags put together, buying a rifle (most likely a shotgun) and continuing getting physically prepared. Also, the wife and are have already started getting a plan in place in case the shtf but we will continue working on that. To be honest, I used to think "preppers" were a little crazy but as things have gone on and the way the world is going, I feel like I'm behind for not getting started earlier. Good luck to everyone and happy new year (in a few days)

My goals for 2013 are as follows.

1. Last summer in Portland was a really dry summer, I have 1600 gallons of rain collection ability and I used it all on the garden so the plan is to use biodegradable laundry soap and pump the water from the washing machine into a 55 gallon barrel, then use a sump pump to top off the rain collection system in the dry times of the summer.

2. Once that is done plan is to expand the size of the garden some.

3. Build a green house for early starts of plants.

4. Basement shelves for long term food storage.

5. Two months of food stored for myself and my girlfriend.

6. I would like to get a shortwave radio.

7. Keep building out my shop so I have a better ability to make things rather then buy them.

Last Edited:
No particular order, actually probably working on all at the same time:

Get reloading tools and supplies and become proficient at calibers we use
Personal fitness
Complete paying off land
Continue to prep land for home construction, build large enough green house, work on water catchment and cystern system.
Get propane generator and stock propane
Continue with food and medical supply preps

And this is just the top items...always lots to do......gonna be another busy year

Maybe move from an apartment into a house

Build up long term stocks of water, food, and a largerfirst aid kid

Build up our savings, including items which may be useful as barter items for times when the banks/computers are down.

Finish building storage in the garage.
Build a chicken coop and start raising chickens this Spring.
Continue stocking up on ammo as available.
Get a pistol safe for the bedroom.
Continue growing the garden.
Can food.
Start my commercial fishing business.
Get a few extra cords of firewood.
Plant more fruit trees and vines.
Rent out my wife's vacant house.
Continue paying off debt.
Lobby the Oregon Legislature regarding not restricting our gun rights.

Gonna be a busy year it seems :s0155:

1.) Dedicate more time to my preps... I slacked off a lot towards the end of the year
2.) Making dedicated space to preps, with shelving and everything.
3.) Make and keep organization records for my preps
4.) Reloading supplies
5.) Build a library of useful books... hard copies, to include maps

being pretty new to any sort of prepping and mostly being concerned about some sort of natural disaster, extended power outage, etc. my main goals are stocking up on ammo, getting our 72 hour bug out bags put together, buying a rifle (most likely a shotgun) and continuing getting physically prepared. Also, the wife and are have already started getting a plan in place in case the shtf but we will continue working on that. To be honest, I used to think "preppers" were a little crazy but as things have gone on and the way the world is going, I feel like I'm behind for not getting started earlier. Good luck to everyone and happy new year (in a few days)

Better to get a late start than not take any action at all. The first step for all of us was recognizing the need.......

Nothing too significant: go through all the medications and make sure they are up to date. Maybe add some more long-term food storage if something goes on sale. Get some measuring cups to make sure that food is utilized properly (if ever needed). Probably a bunch of little stuff that I might add to my stores, but nothing urgent. Get some more wool, army-surplus clothes - this stuff is cheap and great.

I'm planning to get to the 80% solution on finishing up my "lists of lists"

1. finish putting together my dry-food supply (including our dog's food!)
2. expand the garden to a full 2 acres, and add some raised beds closer to the house for the early-season greens and peas
3. stock up on some more .223 ammo (if it's ever available again, jeez!)
4. Finish the gravity fed water system for the house (70% done....maybe by June)
5. Improve the phyical conditioning. Our goal is at least 1 5 mile hike/week. We'll pack some firearms, ammo and snacks, and tryoto have a little picnic. Combining a bit of fun "hides" the workout from the kids...:cool:

#1 goal is to move out of Kalifornia (husband is already in Reno with a good job, I'm waiting for the ranch to sell)

#2 more water storage (only have one 55g drum and about 15 gallon jugs right now)

#3 two more rifles and two more handguns with a lot more ammo

#4 continue long term food storage

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top