JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are the ones of mine that I shoot best:

Hunting Rifle: Winchester pre-64 Model 70 .243
Rimfire Rifle: Ruger 10/22
Revolvers: S&W K22/K38
Pistol: Springfield XD9sc
Rimfire pistol: Ruger Mk III 22/45

Sako Forrester 243, regular 1/2" groups w/ handloads

Rem 725 280 regular 1/2" groups w/ Rem factory

Hammerli 208s

Colt OMM 38 X ring

Oh yeah. Define accurate.

"Most Surprisingly Accurate":

A 1948 Marlin 336RC .30-30. Even with its like-vintage 2.5x Lyman Alaskan "heavy post and crosshair" scope, this gun (fed a careful handload of 125g Sierra Hollow Flat Points), will honestly stay in the .35"-.65" group range at 100 yards.

It frightens grown men. (Including me with a stable full of fancy stuff I've thrown a lot of money at to make them shoot well).

My favorite application for it: Hand it to a guy who brought his Belted Sphagnum over to the house to sight in, quickly demonstrating that the gun he swears he kills elk with regularly "at 600 plus", he somehow has trouble keeping under 3" at 100 yards off a bench. I gently advise him he may have a recoil issue, he argues a bit (ego is at stake), and I allow the Marlin put in his hands to press the issue. Result: one more Belted Sphagnum joins the throngs you see at the gunshows for sale.

Off the top of my head, I give the nod to my:

Ruger American in .308, ($350) w/ Leupold 4-12x40 VX-2 ($400) and running 1MOA (if I do my part)

Glock 30... I can hit dirt clods on the pistol range backstop @ TCCG on purpose (more often than not).

I would have to say my most accurate weapon is my1971 Browning BAR(belgium made) in 270 win with a Leupold Mark 3 3-9x40 I got to take it over to the dry side and do some shooting I was hitting plastic Folgers cans at 400 yrds. that makes me happy.

I don't want to 'whip a dead horse' but the Taurus 605 I recently acquired is stupid accurate. Five out of five clays at 25 yards is easy. I have never owned a snub and at first had no plans on keeping it and now I turn down offers regularly by those who shoot it.

Just got a used t/c Contender,G1,in .357 Maximum.. tested a bunch of ammo combos,and with one certain load it shot a cloverleaf at 80 yards.Withe me 'behind the wheel',that is DANGED GOOD. lol
rocks and small junk on the 150 yard berm are not safe from it's wrath either. I LUV this monster.!

Well I have a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy 1911 on the way and I expect it to out shoot anything I have........but these have been very good right out of the box.

Browning SA22
Ruger Blackhawk .357 6.5"
Ruger MkIII Hunter 6.5"
Ruger SR1911

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show