Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What are your goals for 2016?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't want to use the word resolution, but lets hear everyone's goals for 2016!

In addition to my goals with NWFA, I plan on getting my 1965 Impala project on the road (including a 5.3L swap), and increasing my knowledge about the AR platform.

OLDNEWBIE, EVILZ, Patriot1668 and 5 others like this.
  2. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Keeping my AR

Caveman Jim, OLDNEWBIE, EVILZ and 9 others like this.
  3. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

Opposing any 2nd amendment restrictions the Democrats and Rino's try to force down our throats.

4. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Keep breathin:p

Caveman Jim, ron, OLDNEWBIE and 5 others like this.
  5. misterarman

misterarman Vancouver,Wa. USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Democommies

6. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

Sell one property, pay off last one I owe on, buy new place on the river, build shop, buy new pickup.... that should be enough goals that I probably won't accomplish.

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

To resolutely strive to make 2017!

8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I want to make my own backyard foundry and melt lead, tin and aluminum..ect and do lost wax castings using aluminum, perhaps cast me up some aluminum grips for my 1911 and CZ999 and a few knife handles (Just to see if I can)

I want to start volunteering more with OFF, NWFA, ranges/competitions
    (if available) and other pro 2A organizations (within reasonable distance). Id like to actually get out in the public more to aid in our fight against tyranny and help clean up shooting areas more often.

I REALLY want to get my 44 special and 16 gauge (and a few other cals) reloading station(s) going...Ill need to actually buy all the gear for it first.

Id also like to compete in a few matches dont care the type.. I just want to get out there.

Non firearm related, I need to get my back healthy enough (injury) for some weight and discus throwing again in the spring/summer, perhaps volunteer at a meet or two as well. I miss throwing.

Caveman Jim, ron, OLDNEWBIE and 3 others like this.
  9. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I am making a list now. The major tasks are:

New metal roof for the house

Fixup both trucks

Cleanup and organize the house and shop (this is #1 actually)

Do some landscaping and brush cleanup around the property

Sell a couple of acres down by the creek or along the gully (his choice) to the neighbor

Pickup some more firearms and ammo and spare parts kits for firearms

Mod some firearms (e.g., port my 329PD) and get some more optics

10. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Shoot my body weight in lead.

11. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

I have four goals.

1. Stop relying on Oregon lobbys to prevent anything or even interfere with the agenda in Salem. Instead I am going to work locally to help preserve our 2nd rights as we are pretty much ignored down here by lobbys and the rest of the state.
    2. Stock up, stock up on pretty much everything.
    3. Be debt free by this time next year, if all goes as planned it will happen just have to bust my arse.
    4. Eat right and stay healthy I can't do any of the others without my health.
    DH

Koda, Caveman Jim, OLDNEWBIE and 5 others like this.
  12. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Being debt free is a very good goal.

I was there - once - before I bought this property. Now I only have a mortgage. I could be debt free again if I cashed out my 401K and IRA, but I would pay a huge tax penalty, so I am biding my time - so far, the theoretical appreciation on this property is paying for the interest I pay on the mortgage and either way, the mortgage payment is still less than I would pay for rent, and I own the property so I can mostly do what I want with it without anybody having any say otherwise - which is something I really like.

It is in my 5 year plan though - long term.

When I retire, I will sell this place, use half the equity (that I hope I will have from appreciation) to buy land further out (maybe Sheridan or Willamina hills), use the other half to build a self-sufficient house on the new property and thereby be debt free or pretty close to it if everything goes according to plan (if we don't have another housing crash, and rates don't go sky high and I can keep working for another 5 years).

Then I just live off SSI until 70.5 and then I have to take an RMD from retirement funds, which I will roll over into investments, maybe using a little of that for fun things, but keeping most of it and the self sufficient land for my daughter.

So far, things are on track. I might be able to do even better and faster if I get a better paying job.

13. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Lose weight, increase body strength and make it to 2018;)
    “…My personal rules assume a continent-size penal colony with armed inmates, to wit: no public place is safe, but I especially avoid cities, airports, sports venues, malls, bad neighborhoods and bars. I’m not in public places much past dark. I avoid minorities. If there are two or more of them and one of me, I’m the minority in the only way that matters. I avoid mass transit and heavy traffic, rallies and demonstrations. In short, I stay away from crowds. I’ll not be missed. When a crowd is unavoidable, I part company as soon as I can. The declared purpose for a crowd is nonbinding, its conduct volatile and its fate my fate. There are no good crowds.

As the collapse deepens my rules will be amended until they can be amended no more. Everything, including universal entropy, argues for doing this. I would happily be wrong, but I see no compelling argument for doing otherwise….”

Ol’ Remus

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  14. browncoat762

browncoat762 Seattle Member

Minding my new Mrs. proper and being home for the birth of our little one, now swimming around and making my lady pee every ten minutes.

Passing that background check earning a badge ( just because I am not deploying anymore does not mean I have to stop being a sheep dog)
    Do everything I can to be a good dad and husband
    Survive the teething and poop storm
    Brew a better mead
    Find a holster for my FN 5.7 MK 2
    More Krav Maga
    Hunt- something ( coyotes, deer, bear)
    Learn Spanish
    Build a Grendel

See Hillary in an orange jumpsuit

but most of all do this father thing right

15. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I would like to get my amount of 223 ammo up to 20,000 rounds and also lose 25 pounds.

16. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Well, Since my shop burned down two months ago I have a lot more options than I did at the beginning of 2015.

17. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Buy another rental.
    Get my colt trained.
    Keep my 5 kids healthy and smart.
    More sex with wife.

Caveman Jim, ron, OLDNEWBIE and 3 others like this.
  18. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Get more cardio.

19. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Hell where do I begin.

Need to workout more (get in shape)
    Hopefully work myself into a new position at work.
    Raise baby #2 coming at the end of January!
    Stock up on ammo
    Start building my own kydex holsters
    Build a new headboard and bookshelf
    Rebuild my deck
    Replace all the windows in our house
    Tear out our crappy prefab shower and do floor to ceiling tile in our master bathroom.
    Eat healthier!
    Find time to relax. Destress. And be a better person. So I can be the best dad I can be.

Well that's a start.

20. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Live another year, and get my physical stamina back up a bit since these damn dark winters suck.

Get my 71 F 100 running and operational.
    Raised beds in the garden. 3 beds 50 feet long.
    Do some landscape work to make upkeep easier. Trees cut etc.
    Buy a drift boat and get the grandsons on the lake and river and get the gdamn video games out of their hands.
    Yellowstone.
    At least one drift fishing trip on the Deschutes.
    Spring turkey hunt.
    Multiple trips to the RV park on Netarts Bay.
    50 rounds target practice each week.
    Start a home remodeling project.

Caveman Jim, OLDNEWBIE and erudne like this.