JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People insisting on open carrying to protest rallies at state capitols. Yes, it's your right, but it just winds up the anti-gun politicians and increases their following.
And that's how we ended up not being able to carry firearms at all in our state Capitol Building.

Those who think their manhood is measured by BIG guns and thousand-round magazines.
We could say the same thing about BIG trucks, too.

Some of us are happy with our little guns though, because my snubby has been 100% reliable, never malfunctioned and I've never heard any complaints about it (that I know of).

Gun owners who are the casual types who own a gun or maybe a few and HAVE ZERO IDEA what is being put in bills and being passed around or even voting on the matter because they're so ignorant.

People insisting on open carrying to protest rallies at state capitols. Yes, it's your right, but it just winds up the anti-gun politicians and increases their following. In a word, it's "brandishing"; their intent is to intimidate.

What are your firearms related pet peeve's?

That most Politicians can't/don't understand simple English. As in.....

"......shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

I've heard all these pet peeves before.

For something new, does anyone have some wild peeves?

:)

Bruce

Most peeves are " farm raised "
Mine are ethically-raised, free range peeves... they all have names.

A big pet peeve, buying a gun over a month ago and still waiting for a bgc even though I went through all the hoops to get a chl.
I'm about 3 or 4 weeks into a legislatively-induced, competency-challenged waiting period right now too.
I believe that it's being perpetrated wilfully with malice and I am NOT happy about it.

Probably gonna ruffle some feathers here, but.....optics on handguns. It's the dumbest fad I've seen in ages. It's not a rifle! It's supposed to be easy to carry....making a carry gun bigger by putting a giant optic on it defeats the purpose. Now some gun companies are starting to make guns with wider slides (Walther PDP) to accommodate an optic. Ridiculousness.

Another one is putting suppressor or optic-height sights on a pistol from the factory, and then expecting ME to replace them with something normal. F- you, seriously.

Probably gonna ruffle some feathers here, but.....optics on handguns. It's the dumbest fad I've seen in ages. It's not a rifle! It's supposed to be easy to carry....making a carry gun bigger by putting a giant optic on it defeats the purpose. Now some gun companies are starting to make guns with wider slides (Walther PDP) to accommodate an optic. Ridiculousness.

Another one is putting suppressor or optic-height sights on a pistol from the factory, and then expecting ME to replace them with something normal. F- you, seriously.
But it's "Tactical". ' :s0003:

I for one like optics on pistols. Haha. Definitely doesn't make them harder to carry…..

?

Screenshot_20230327_075000_Chrome.jpg

A small reflex sight doesn't much affect the carrying of a handgun. And, they make the gun quicker and easier.

That said; many moons ago, when it started being a thing, I tried a Bushnell TRS 25 on a .22/45 as an inexpensive trial. Worked good, but made it stupid big and clunky.
So yeah, if you put a vintage sniper scope on your LCP, ridiculous. But something like a Delta Point or Fastfire, sweet.

Unless it's one of these...

1679931534794.png

Or these!

1679931641329.png

A small reflex sight doesn't much affect the carrying of a handgun.
Just for fun, I put an inexpensive Browning reflex sight on my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. It's ridiculous how easy it is to hit targets with that thing now. However, it seems like the sight is quite vulnerable and I would be very hesitant to use it on a carry gun. Maybe the more expensive reflex sights are tougher?

Just for fun, I put an inexpensive Browning reflex sight on my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. It's ridiculous how easy it is to hit targets with that thing now. However, it seems like the sight is quite vulnerable and I would be very hesitant to use it on a carry gun. Maybe the more expensive reflex sights are tougher?
They are. You should be able to beat on them. Not that you should beat on them, but you shouldn't have to worry about them breaking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top