JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read short stories in bed every night, right before sleep - lighter fare like novels, humor, etc. Doesn't take long to start yawning and nod off after 10-15.

During the day, I listen to a really wide variety of audiobooks on my phone (all free from huge county library inventories), via Bluetooth earbuds or car/truck stereo. Plowed through 600-700 books in the past few years, quickly tossing probably 90-100 that failed to intrigue me.

Just finished this one, a fascinating non-fiction look into the evolution of aerial bombing in WW II. Unlike audiobooks with one narrator (or a few like some have), this one is FULL of audio snippets from scratchy sounding old radio broadcasts and interviews. Fascinating.

bomber mafia.jpg

Just finished the Destoryermen series by Taylor Anderson and got through the first book of his artillerymen series.

Alternate earth type story.

First series was about a couple of old WWI era destroyers that would up on an alternate earth during the aftermath of Pearl Harbor and The Phillipines and the second is about a force on it's way to Vera Cruz to help with the invasion of Mexico during the Mexican American war.

Jack

Just finished Forgotten Cache and In Repose by our own @Hooyah DeepSea . Forgotten Cache is a great little adventure story for young readers, and In Repose is about the author's time diving on the USS Arizona. I'm not a diver, but the author did a good job of making me feel like I was there. Very good descriptions of the condition of the ship and the damage it received. Also some brief anecdotes about connected research and other dives. Both books are well-written. Contact him to get copies!!

Actually, the wife's new little kids book just launched. Monty Moose Wears Green Tennis Shoes is for pre- kindergarten / kindergarten aged children and any USMC combat arms MOS (hey, just kidding! Love you guys and gals.) It retails for $12.00 plus shipping.

IMG_20221202_180858822.jpg

Last Edited:
Just finished Thomas Sowell's Race and Culture; A World View and am now into his Black Rednecks and White Liberals. Both of these books give an excellent view of the racial situation in this country that you won't get from mainstream anything. These should be required reading in school!! I would highly recommend these for anyone interested in the history of racial problems in the US!!

Not a big reader myself. Mainly just in the "Reading Room".:oops: Mind won't stay still anywhere else. Wifey got me "After Promontory" for Christmas. It's the follow up to "West to Promontory" the Union Pacific RR building across the country to the meet with The Southern Pacific RR at Promontory Utah. A lot of historic pictures. I love the history of steam in The U.S..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top