JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a metric frik-ton of Star Wars (expanded universe) novels under my belt. (paperbacks and Kindle)

I finished The Martian (in paperback) about 3-wks ago. I'm about to start one called Caliphate (was free at Amazon for Kindle) that Taku turned me on to.

What am I reading? o_O

northwestfirearms.com

Do you mean what ELSE am I reading? That's a tricky one, as I'm currently reading four books - not all at the same time, obviously.

I'm a member of all the county libraries, and usually get through six or seven books - all genres, a week.

tac

Just finished a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Childs.
There's a put & take book hut near my Mom's house and someone in the neighborhood likes his books.
You never know what you'll find inside that little hut.

We were going through the "antique" shops in Lincoln City several years ago and we found/bought a 100+ year old set of books called, "The Waverly Novels" that I plan to dig into. The Harvard Classics is also on my "to do list" as well... then there is "The Art of War" that must be periodically re-read. ;)

I'm one of the most literate knuckle-draggers I know. o_O :D

What did you expect. LOL

20151127_100427.jpg

@tac a book a day! Are these Dr. Suess?

I am typically 8 - 10 hrs / novel.
Depending. My airplane books, get thru fast, Grisham and Grafton.

I just finished Dexter book 1 and book 2.
Reacher 18

I just started Transfer of Power - Vince Flynn

At the end of my 5th grade school year, I applied for summer school, not because I needed remedial education, but I desperately wanted to get out of picking strawberries & raspberries.
I hated getting up at the crack of dawn and working for slave wages.
Once in the door at the high school where the remedial classes were being held, I was told to go do something else as I aced all the aptitude tests.
My summer then consisted of swimming lessons with the most beautiful female life guard ever born, playing indoor basketball and best of all learning to speed read in an air conditioned trailer out in the school parking lot with a young graduate student that looked just like Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island.
I was her only student most days and had her undivided attention for over two hours a day.
I was always an avid reader, but learning to speed read boosted my comprehensive capabilities and allowed me to read more advanced literature for my age.

There's a set of books that will help your little one learn to read.
It was written by a school teacher in Portland, OR and illustrated by her husband.
They're called "Bob Books" and one of my best memories was while reading one to my little girl and she looked up and said "Daddy, I can read that all by myself."

prodImage-SevenSets.jpg

Thanks! I'll check those out. We sit int her room and read her a couple books when she goes to bed. Then she "reads" them to us. She recognizes the pictures and remembers what we said. And repeats something close to what it says. While my wife and I try to hold our laughter in. It's pretty cute.

Enjoy those moments. Next thing you know, she'll be asking for the car keys.
We're big readers around here. My wife's a librarian at a grade school and my 25 yr old daughter works in a county library in Texas.

Seriously though, I do read a lot. I liked some of the Bob Lee Swagger books, but generally think Point of Impact was the best. I liked the Leonard B. Scott books about Vietnam, especially The Expendables. Some of the Reacher books are alright. Love reload manuals and old issues of Rifle Shooter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top