JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zombie apocalypse caused by the covid vaccine.
Get the vaccine, and the side effect could be:
F883FD82-79FB-4E7F-8639-15365C8CE849.jpeg

Keep your sanity!

Use your common sense and the brain that the good Lord gave you.

Cate

This thread is to provide others with other viewpoints on preparing and how best they can prepare themselves and their families.

What are you folks preparing for? An economic disaster, nuclear, political perhaps? Is it a red dawn type scenario or more of a slow burn such as the great depression 2.0? What else?

What are some of your strategies to navigate those disasters?

The scenario I find my family and I preparing for is a general supply chain collapse issue, which can be caused by a variety of things. I find the previous post in this forum about water super interesting. Thought provoking for sure.

We are preparing in much the same way as most I am sure. We of course have some guns. We have prioritized mobility though and have a complete backpacking set up for each of us. I believe humans are the greatest threat and will try to be as far away from others as possible. With kids though thats tough to do. We are also finally starting to use our health insurance and make changes to our health. I was pre diabetic with other health issues and my wife was anemic. I've lost 85 lbs and my wife has started eating more iron and vitamin c and we are both more capable of hiking far away from others in case of SHTF.

Our Achilles heal in the plan though of course is the kids. We may be able to hike out and hang out with the sasquatch for awhile on our own, but our 2 and 3 year old can't walk more then a mile. The only way around this is to buy a more capable offroad vehicle and equipment to breach the gates across logging roads and go up there. Does anyone else have other ideas or outlooks on that?

I am preparing for WAR, Civil WAR , Revolutionary WAR , WORLD WAR , Hellen Keller could see whats coming !

If you want Peace Prepare for WAR.

If we ever have another federal election - I predict mandatory voter ID, paper ballots and inked fingers.

Next election Fair Vote Commisar will send educators to your house (or re-education camp) with ballot already filled out so you can sign. See? Fair elections forever. Problem solved, comrade!

If you fail preparedness, prepare to fail

I'm new to prepping. Started in March. I've always wanted to be better prepared for multiple situations. But monetarily, it wasn't feezable. This year supplied me with the motivation to tighten down on finances and move money around. If anything good came of this mess of a year 2020...is that it pushed me to become the person I wanted to be.
I had to rethink and plan how my family runs and operates. Learning how a pantry is so much different then prepping.
I happy to report I have all my ducks in a row and my family is 10× more prepared for the following...

Power Outage short/long term
Food Shortage
Supply Shortage
Ammo Shortage
Civil Unrest/Civil War

You dont need to be a Alex Jones conspiracy tin foil hat dummy to be prepared.
Its still not to late to become prepared.
instill a plan. Train. Shop smart. Dont panic buy. Find a group of like minded individuals.

AMCON PDX out. Hostility051

Someone further back in this thread suggested I buy a vehicle able to travel off the beaten path. I have a wife who can backpack well enough (with plenty of breaks) but a 2 and 3 year old. So I went off and got this. Ill throw some grippier tires and call it good. Have a shovel and traction boards on it already.

Now if only I could learn to fish as easily! And hunt! Got some survival books coming in on Amazon. Gotta brave the cold and go fishing soon. To be laughed at by the wife again for not catching anything!

20201212_113007.jpg

Extreme weather - e.g., ice/snow/wind - most likely and most common - causing power failure and travel disruptions - this happens almost every year here on the mountain.

Wildfire (had it come close this year - within 1K feet - if the wind had been prevailing winds the outcome would have been really bad).

Water and food supply disruptions - whatever the cause

Earthquake

Income disruption - happened this year - severely - fortunately I was prepared.

Political/civil unrest - happening now, but can get a LOT worse.

Natural resources (water, land, energy) being depleted due to population growth, plus the ensuing conflicts, including possible armed conflict, abroad or domestic. Also, environmental issues - such as drought, extreme weather, etc. This is long term, happening now, getting worse, but probably won't come to its ultimate climax while I am alive - just the same, it is getting worse and I see no real movement towards mitigating the issues.

"What are you preparing for?"

As far as end-of-the-world kinda stuff, nada really.

Sure, I have a bit of "backup" food, ammo, water, etc. But today ain't really any different than any other. Same problems the world's always had.

In spite of 2020 being a crazy year, the world isn't going to drop into complete chaos.

In other words; "Much ado about nothing."

Hopefully some of y'all aren't jacking up your credit-cards for gear you'll sell later at a loss to pay them off. :(

The Heretic speaks well.

My philosophy has evolved over the years. My first experience with "preppers" was when they were called "survivalists" in the 70s. Stayed for a short while with survivalists in the Rouge Valley. Bumped into more traveling WA/OR/CA.

Planning for the end of THE world is the wrong approach. You'll never have enough. You'll focus on the wrong things. You'll sleep badly. It'll start as a fun hobby but will end up really depressing. Everybody fantasizes about Armageddon, until it's time to do Armageddon stuff. lol Like it or not, most of us are of this world, not just in this world. If it goes, we'll go, because we will not know how to live without it. The only way to plan for that is to remove yourself now and get the ground of being in a different world. Most aren't willing to do that.

On the other hand, planning for the end of YOUR world is wisdom. I'd blather more except sir Heretic has summed it up perfectly... almost exactly our list actually.

Get the vaccine, and the side effect could be:
View attachment 790296
You laugh, but don't you find it interesting that England is giving the first vaccines to the very old, Massachusetts is giving it to prisoners first and DC is giving their 1st round to the homeless. Makes you wonder if they want to test it further before giving it to productive citizens...

I started prepping back in my 20s. Read Survivalist mags and books. Convinced eventually we would have to survive the "end times" - kind of went overboard and freaked out my young daughter at a time when she didn't need that kind of worry.

Now, many decades later, convinced any worldwide SHTF scenario (peak carry capacity is most likely) is probably going to happen after I am dead, surely after I can't handle an apocalyptic level event (even now probably can't) - I worry more about the local less severe events. Look at what happened to the people in Detroit/Lyons/Gates/et. al. area; burned out of their homes - that is surely a SHTF for most of them. Some of them lost their lives.

Not that things are getting better, but it isn't the end of the world as we know it either.

Think of it this way:

During WWII, an estimated 70 Million people were killed.

More than half of them were civilians.

Those generations lived thru SHTF and we prosper today, living materially better lives, one could claim more free lives, because of them.

I said earlier that I am prepping for a bit of everything, and that is true, at least to the best of my budget and space.
More specifically, I am preparing for a longer, more violent and widespread version of The Troubles. My grandmother lived through these in Northern England, and while the violence didn't affect her directly, it did affect some of our extended family and her friends.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top