JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You will find that there are many pro gun states out there if you look. Arizona is one that comes to mind. I understand it's not feasible for everybody to just get up and move but you have to weigh your options. After all, there is no place on earth that you can live and be 100% happy.

Problem is that AZ is filling up with CA refugees. It will not be long until that state goes down the crapper.

I work with a guy that is way left. He might have 10-15 years to retirement and that is where he plans on moving.

Well ... I am 100% convinced that "We The People" have been effectively removed from the role of governing our government.
The electoral process certainly does not work at the National Level and the larger state level.
It has been entirely corrupted. (Similar to this short movie clip.) The Battle of Athens Tenn 1946 - YouTube

So with that in mind that leaves only one alternative "The Second Amendment" ... it specifically was put there for the very reason afore mentioned.

So I will honor the law and intent of what our founders drafted ... it is the right thing to do.

I'm not very good at leading revolutions, conducting political campaigns, or participating in civil dissent.

I have a wife and kids. I'm not going to get arrested if I can help it. I also work a lotta hours and have other family responsibilities. Sorry, but I'm not going to be the guy marching on the capital because I'll probably have to work that day, and if not I'll probably be busy with fatherhood.

However, I long ago found a strategy that works for me: I joined the NRA. Then I became a Life Member. Then I became an Endowment Member. And when I can afford it, I'll become a Patron Member. I joined OFF, too, and donate to them every year.

Maybe Patrick Henry is looking down on me and a tear is rolling down his cheek, but yeah, I admit that I've outsourced my second amendment political activism.

If crap goes too far south here in Oregon, I might just sell damn near everything we have and move the family down to Texas where my dad and grandma live. I would say Idaho or Wyoming - but those places don't exactly have a buttload of jobs being built up right now - and as much as I love their rugged beauty and low population density - I would still have to support my family.

I'm not very good at leading revolutions, conducting political campaigns, or participating in civil dissent.

I have a wife and kids. I'm not going to get arrested if I can help it. I also work a lotta hours and have other family responsibilities. Sorry, but I'm not going to be the guy marching on the capital because I'll probably have to work that day, and if not I'll probably be busy with fatherhood.

However, I long ago found a strategy that works for me: I joined the NRA. Then I became a Life Member. Then I became an Endowment Member. And when I can afford it, I'll become a Patron Member. I joined OFF, too, and donate to them every year.

Maybe Patrick Henry is looking down on me and a tear is rolling down his cheek, but yeah, I admit that I've outsourced my second amendment political activism.

We're all brave in our own ways. Sometimes they don't measure up to anothers. Who cares.

I plan to keep doing what I have been doing for many years, keeping alive. I have been bugging my wife for several years to move to Idaho, but she isn't too keen on the idea. The politics in Oregon are frustrating, that hasn't changed since I moved here in 2003. I was born and lived in Washington prior to moving to Oregon...Washington isn't any different politically.

I plan on becoming increasingly active politically so that I don't become an overnight criminal because of some firearm or standard capacity magazine that I own and purchased legally.

The best that any of us can do is to commit to stay in the fight for freedom, never submit. I will not give up my right to protect myself and my family as I see fit.

Problem is that AZ is filling up with CA refugees. It will not be long until that state goes down the crapper.

I work with a guy that is way left. He might have 10-15 years to retirement and that is where he plans on moving.

If ya ask me Arizona is already in the crapper with having sheriff Joe and all. But, it seems the people like him down there.

I just had a friend move back home from Arizona last summer. He was there for about a year and a half and loved the lifestyle down there. Sunny weather, Harleys everywhere, and pro 2A. Problem was that there is no work. Trying to get a job paying at least $20 hour is extremely hard when the illegal mexicans will do it for $10 hour. I guess the housing market is pretty cheap wih the no work situation.

I plan to keep doing what I have been doing for many years, keeping alive. I have been bugging my wife for several years to move to Idaho, but she isn't too keen on the idea. The politics in Oregon are frustrating, that hasn't changed since I moved here in 2003. I was born and lived in Washington prior to moving to Oregon...Washington isn't any different politically.

I plan on becoming increasingly active politically so that I don't become an overnight criminal because of some firearm or standard capacity magazine that I own and purchased legally.

The best that any of us can do is to commit to stay in the fight for freedom, never submit. I
will not give up my right to protect myself and my family as I see fit.

I understand your frustration with Oregon. I lived there all my life and was glad to move to Washington. I got so tired of the taxes, new BS laws, and the right to entitlement that alot of oregonians seem to have. Washington is different and the same.

I live in a small town and I can guarantee you that if any new legislation passes it won't affect my town at all. The people in my town have the mentality of a tooth for a tooth and a eye for a eye. You are frowned apon if you were to call the police (or sheriff that visits the town once a week) and not take care of your problem yourself. With a town with that kind of mentality, any ban won't affect it.

Hard to say for any of us till it happens. When a man is pushed who knows what will become of him or what he might do.

I will not give up my rights easly. I will not look at my kids and say sorry I left you this with out even much of a fight. I might pack every one up and go back to no where land Alaska.

Live free.
live in Liberty
or dont live at all.

I really enjoyed the sanity and practicality of your temperate comment; yet I wonder what line in the sand each of us must predetermine will justify what type of action.
I like your solution since it is proactive and balanced. Plus you are on this site so you must have ideas of personal protection and a mindset towards "safety insurance."

Being a student of history makes me wonder what credibility, stability and character must our founding fathers have had.
I am sure they were not hotheaded reactionaries trying to stir a cause; but great men of character who had beliefs much as you do.

I hope the level of wisdom and education rises in America about civil responsibility and the 2nd amendment.
It would do us all well to be alert to pressing concerns, be stable minded as you have represented but also be bolstered for what possibilities can happen as were our founding fathers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top