JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy fellow NWFAers :)

Recently I met an awesome woman (Jessica). After talking for a while and asking questions, I found out she was a Liberal, so automatically I assumed she was not into guns .... lol. Yes I made an assumption, but fortunately I kept my mouth shut :D ..... and just to be clear, I am a political atheist.

So she told me that she had shot guns in the past but she hasn't gone shooting in a long time. She raised her kids without exposing them to guns, and one of the kids had a close call at some point (went to a friend's house and the kids had access to a handgun). So when Jessica found out, she was not happy. That still didn't turn her off when it came to guns.... but I digress.

She invited me over to her place for Thanksgiving (and a great one it was ;)) and I asked if she'd be interested in letting me take her out shooting and she said yes!

When I first met her, after asking all the basic questions, I found out she loves the color purple. So on our first date, I gave her a purple Kershaw folding knife and she loved it. after the awesome Thanksgiving and a few more dates, I decided to purchase a Ruger EC9S (9mm) with a purple frame and a black slide for her as a Christmas gift. I also got her an extra mag, a Streamlight microstream USB charging flashlight (the tan one high/low), and two portable combo metal gun lock boxes (one for her car and one for the house). I even got her a can of spray paint in purple, that way if she wants, she can paint the black gun lock boxes.

She is interested in taking an online class to get her certificate so she can apply for her CHL in the near future. In several months, the kids will be moving out and she will be home all alone.

So if you got plans to purchase or already did purchase a firearm (and other stuff) for your significant other and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be interested in knowing what you purchased him/her.

Oh and this story has a happy ending, she asked me to be her boyfriend a few days ago :s0133:

ec9s purple.jpg
SLMS.jpg

Been into firearms since I was 14. Been married for 12 years. My wife is not afraid of guns yet it still is not what she is into. Yes she can shoot, I've taught her, she shoots well. However, it is still my thing, not hers.

I've tried buying my wife guns multiple times over the 18 years we have been together. Once during this time I let her buy a gun. That one even didn't get used.

Moral of my story, don't buy a significant other a gun unless they are standing at the counter with you picking it out after reviewing all their options.

I'd say, and this is entirely just my opinion on this matter, do not buy this woman a gun.

If anything get her a certificate for a nice training coarse and maybe a set of really nice purple electronic hearing protection. That is if you are still gun ho, pun intended, on a gun theme.

Now for semi unsolicited advice, semi unsolicited because you're sort of asking for advice...

Try thinking hard about the things she has told you about herself that she absolutely enjoys.

Buy her that.

Congrats, it looks like a fine choice. Even if it's not her favorite gun, most women appreciate that you thought of them and took action.

My wife and I are well past thoughtful suprise gifts. I built her a blue polymer 80 but she couldn't care less.

We are trying to wear and use less polyester and chemicals now with a baby in the house, so she picked out a nice wool cardigan, and some cotton flannels, and a canvas jacket I will wax for her with natural bee's wax.

My wife is really into Cross Stitch and creates art work that almost looks like a painting but with thread. One of the things she uses to help her is a small table top LED lit magnifying lamp. Trouble is its got to be plugged in to work. She often attends group stitching gatherings and it is near impossible to plug something in when your in the middle of a room full of people sitting around a large table. SO I was looking at the lamp and YEA it has a 12V wall adapter. SO I have ordered a 18000 watt Jump start battery about the size of her wallet. And I will make a direct power cord for it about 6" long. Then I'm going to make a wooden base for the battery to set in. The battery can start a 5.0 liter gas engine up to 30 times pretty sure it will run the LEDs for a week LOL. She's going to love it.

My wife shoots with me, is a fairly decent shot, not afraid of guns, but not into them either. She's a runner, we're at the Daimler Holiday Run at the moment.

Christmas is usually a new coat, styles change, new boots, new purse and annual running memberships. Those are the things she prefers. Possibly an iPhone 11, the X is getting short in the battery...

We no longer and haven't for years buy gifts for each other.

Why not?

Cuz, we buy what we want throughout the year.

I do however send small fortune gifts of moola for my Granddaughters on their BD's and Christmas.

Cash is never a disappointment.

Been into firearms since I was 14. Been married for 12 years. My wife is not afraid of guns yet it still is not what she is into. Yes she can shoot, I've taught her, she shoots well. However, it is still my thing, not hers.

I've tried buying my wife guns multiple times over the 18 years we have been together. Once during this time I let her buy a gun. That one even didn't get used.

Moral of my story, don't buy a significant other a gun unless they are standing at the counter with you picking it out after reviewing all their options.

I'd say, and this is entirely just my opinion on this matter, do not buy this woman a gun.

If anything get her a certificate for a nice training coarse and maybe a set of really nice purple electronic hearing protection. That is if you are still gun ho, pun intended, on a gun theme.

Now for semi unsolicited advice, semi unsolicited because you're sort of asking for advice...

Try thinking hard about the things she has told you about herself that she absolutely enjoys.

Buy her that.

Reno, I've been in the same exact boat you are in. I totally agree with your advice. I don't know if the OP will be receptive to it though. He needs to be careful, as she may think he's a bit pushy on the gun stuff and may be turned off by it. I hope the best for the op and his new girl, but it may not go exactly as planned for him. Having been in his shoes at one point in my life...

She (the GF) has already picked out "my shopping list" for her.....

Which so far has included :

New underwear (already OTW, internet purchase)
Perfume (today, we're going to the Macy's sale)

I hope that will be the end. Lord, help me to get through this month.:D

Aloha, Mark

PS.....on the other hand? What are YOU buying for yourself?

Cause, I doubt that she'll be buying me a rifle.

Last Edited:
My wife and I are well past thoughtful suprise gifts. I built her a blue polymer 80 but she couldn't care less.

We are trying to wear and use less polyester and chemicals now with a baby in the house, so she picked out a nice wool cardigan, and some cotton flannels, and a canvas jacket I will wax for her with natural bee's wax.
Why not just run around in loin cloths? They are much more comfortable...:D

My wife is really into Cross Stitch and creates art work that almost looks like a painting but with thread. One of the things she uses to help her is a small table top LED lit magnifying lamp. Trouble is its got to be plugged in to work. She often attends group stitching gatherings and it is near impossible to plug something in when your in the middle of a room full of people sitting around a large table. SO I was looking at the lamp and YEA it has a 12V wall adapter. SO I have ordered a 18000 watt Jump start battery about the size of her wallet. And I will make a direct power cord for it about 6" long. Then I'm going to make a wooden base for the battery to set in. The battery can start a 5.0 liter gas engine up to 30 times pretty sure it will run the LEDs for a week LOL. She's going to love it.

This is the type of gift a woman loves. This man here, knows what he is doing!

Reno, I've been in the same exact boat you are in. I totally agree with your advice. I don't know if the OP will be receptive to it though. He needs to be careful, as she may think he's a bit pushy on the gun stuff and may be turned off by it. I hope the best for the op and his new girl, but it may not go exactly as planned for him. Having been in his shoes at one point in my life...

I put it out there. Sounds like he likes this lady.

I learned a while back to try and get her things she likes.

To put my point more clearly.

If the OP received a gun from this women, she would be a keeper. She noticed and saw what his interests were and got him something that was outside her comfort level to show she is truly interested in him.

If he did the same, it would go far far better than buying her something along the line of your own interests.

My wife likes yoga. The one thing she gets to do that is hers. She never buys nice yoga gear or clothing. So I bought her a bunch of yoga stuff a few years ago for Xmas. She was shocked and surprised that I got her all the stuff. She was more happy with this gift than many in past years and future. Still brings it up to remind me of how I did good, once.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top