JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe a waffle iron so I can have waffles again after her mother ruined our last one with bullbubblegum gluten free cardboard mess that was impossible to clean thus making our iron a disposable one.

She doesn't like what I crochet for her, either too long, too wide or wrong color yet I never get input. So that is out of the question.

She can buy her own gift.
Mmmmmm.....waffles!
E8D4168E-6474-4FD6-B17D-535EE1BD6F28.jpeg

Always the practical one. I too was practical one year ago got my wife a very nice tool set for her car.... :eek:

When my wife and I first got together she was driving a 69 Firebird, and that sucker was always giving me fits.
That Christmas our son (my step) got his mom a real nice, cased tool set for her car.
We still have the tools. The car's long gone. :D

Yeah, well, she has a list and , and, most of it is stuff she buys for her self during the year!

How about this....A meticulously wrapped gift (ten minutes before she gets home from work on Christmas Eve) with beautify curled ribbon of several colors nestled under the tree. On that next morning her eyes are wide as she gazes at the beautifully wrapped box. When the wrapping paper is partially torn away she gets a glimpse of the writing on the box for the first time! It says...

"Nitrile
Examination
Gloves

Great durability
one size fits most
"

For reals. She uses them every day at the store.

These are the absolute bombdiggity! They're 8-9 mil thick which makes them thicker/more durable than most. They're lightly textured which helps you grip things. And while I thought the color was a bit bright, they're absolutely fantastic in dark places like an engine bay or similar. They come in a lime green color too if that's more her speed.

81bL49Wh0CL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My bride could outshoot me before I ever met her so no need to buy her another weapon. For Christmas? She hasn't told me what I got her yet so I will have to go it alone. Two massages and a pedicure. We're not into dreaming up useless stuff for each other. It has worked out pretty well for 42 year now.

Awhile back, Northwest Armory has the S&W M&P 15-22 on sale for $299.99. I mentioned it to my girl. I said that it was a really good price, but didn't need another one. A couple weeks go by and I see the price has not gone up and I start to reconsider, hmmm....

So my GF is a firearms instructor and owns her own firearms training company. I thought the 15-22 would make a great "teaching aid" for some of her training classes and she would get good use of it on her own time too.

I decided to pick one up and give it to her as a early Christmas present. As I was coming in the door she knew right away that the cardboard box had some type firearm in it, so I tell her I couldn't resist, and had to buy the 15-22. I then told her I needed to make some minor upgrades and proceeded to do just that.

I knew she would need a case for it, so I went out and picked up an imexpensive one I knew she would like. After picking it up and bringing it home, I proceeded to fetch the 15-22 from the safe and stuffed it in the new case. I told her what is a new gun without a new case to go with it? She thought my choice of case was not quite my style, lol. I said well it's not for me, it's for you. Early Merry Christmas! She gave me a blank stare as we had a couple conversations going on at the same time, so it took her a few minutes to fully compute it.

With all the current political BS going on in WA, I thought it prudent to get it transferred over to her ASAP as I knew there would be at least a 14
day hold on it before she could take possession of it and I didn't want to monkey around any longer than needed. We were able to get out and shoot it some before the transfer. She has since got it out of jail and is really excited to put a bunch more rounds through it proper! @PacwestDefense :D

These are the absolute bombdiggity! They're 8-9 mil thick which makes them thicker/more durable than most. They're lightly textured which helps you grip things. And while I thought the color was a bit bright, they're absolutely fantastic in dark places like an engine bay or similar. They come in a lime green color too if that's more her speed.

View attachment 640646

Oh I wish I'd seen those before I I ordered the lavender gloves. I wasn't sure if the heavier gauge would be desirable for her at work.? I would assume so but....?

Personally I can't stand wearing the things but I've come to forcing myself to when I change the oil on the car. More so to keep the black greasy stuff from getting under nails and cuticles where you can't get it out. It creeps me out to have my hands soaking wet from perspiration having them on for 5 mins.

My bride could outshoot me before I ever met her so no need to buy her another weapon. For Christmas? She hasn't told me what I got her yet so I will have to go it alone. Two massages and a pedicure. We're not into dreaming up useless stuff for each other. It has worked out pretty well for 42 year now.

Lucky guy! This right here ^^^ is MY Christmas wish. For about 8 years now.

I still chuckle (seriously) after 35 years when I recall a co-worker who'd been agonizing for weeks over what to get his new bride for Xmas. This was early in the military days and none of us were rich. Back at work on 12-26, I asked him what he finally decided.

"Man, I couldn't think of anything, so I got her some undies and a socket set."

I still chuckle (seriously) after 35 years when I recall a co-worker who'd been agonizing for weeks over what to get his new bride for Xmas. This was early in the military days and none of us were rich. Back at work on 12-26, I asked him what he finally decided.

"Man, I couldn't think of anything, so I got her some undies and a socket set."

:sigh: I used to buy my wife undies for Christmas . :( It was okay though. At the time she wore Jockey Poco in a men's size small. They were close to the same as the women's version. And about half the price. Still spendy to me compared to the tidy whities I wear, but.....

I think @Reno has a very similar wife to my own. She too likes guns, has a rifle, shotgun (customed) and a .22 pistol and a Sig 938. However she rarely ever shoots any of them, and more recent years political BS seems to have flavoured her opinion a little and it makes my collecting hobby more difficult.

Divorce was final 3 years ago. Now I am my significant other, and he lived happily ever after.View attachment 640641

Love it. :) Best fairy tale ever!
Can't say I'd have chosen to buy a new woman a gun... Though that's based on my experience of relationships being fleeting, often ending with them getting belligerent/irrational. One time a woman showed up on my doorstep with a .22 threatening to shoot herself. But hey, glad this one's working out for ya!

Fwiw, I abstain from Christmas altogether as I don't like spending money on people "just because" and they never really understood that I don't want them buying me stuff, either. So I just don't play

Agreed. Relationships are fleeting. It's a calculation as to buying expensive gifts, but I don't tend to do it anymore. Seen far too much of my hard earned money flushed away on a woman who is gone by next season...

I buy myself nice things though... that counts, right? This is close enough to Christmas to be considered an early Christmas present to myself.

Resized_20191109_100743.jpeg

My wife and I decided this year and from now on we will be soending our money on taking trips and doing more family things instead of crap neither of us need or want.
as far as I'm concerned I'll be doing the same with the kids.
Our kids are 7 and 4 and for the last two Xmas's I've watched them open way too many toys, games, and crap then not ever or hardly ever touch it again.
I'm done wasting my money on cheap china garbage.

we're spending our hard earned money on experiences that we can enjoy as a family.

our kids will never remember what toy they got for Xmas or their Bday.
They will remember and learn from the experiences and adventures they have.

last year I paid for two nights in Sunriver and spa days each day.
it was the first time we had been away together since we had our daughter. 6 years.

Oh I wish I'd seen those before I I ordered the lavender gloves. I wasn't sure if the heavier gauge would be desirable for her at work.? I would assume so but....?

Personally I can't stand wearing the things but I've come to forcing myself to when I change the oil on the car. More so to keep the black greasy stuff from getting under nails and cuticles where you can't get it out. It creeps me out to have my hands soaking wet from perspiration having them on for 5 mins.

Much of it is personal preference but it can also depend on what she's doing exactly. A thinner glove...like a 4 mil glove...is a bit more dexterous and you may get a little more feedback through the glove. So if you're doing something that requires really fine motor skills...like maybe trying to pickup really small parts...or if you're doing something where you really need to feel the feedback, then you might like a thinner glove. But thinner is also less durable, obviously.

I started wearing gloves a few years ago. I spent a number of years in my younger days working in a garage so I'm sure I've had a bit more exposure to oils, grease, and solvents than the average person. I've been surprised at how many different uses I've found for them...everything from working on the car, to cleaning guns, to cleaning up crap around the house, to cooking in the kitchen. I've also found that these don't make my hands sweat anywhere near as much as some other gloves. I haven't been able to figure out why that is. You would think your hands would sweat about the same in all gloves but they don't.

Much of it is personal preference but it can also depend on what she's doing exactly. A thinner glove...like a 4 mil glove...is a bit more dexterous and you may get a little more feedback through the glove. So if you're doing something that requires really fine motor skills...like maybe trying to pickup really small parts...or if you're doing something where you really need to feel the feedback, then you might like a thinner glove. But thinner is also less durable, obviously.

I started wearing gloves a few years ago. I spent a number of years in my younger days working in a garage so I'm sure I've had a bit more exposure to oils, grease, and solvents than the average person. I've been surprised at how many different uses I've found for them...everything from working on the car, to cleaning guns, to cleaning up crap around the house, to cooking in the kitchen. I've also found that these don't make my hands sweat anywhere near as much as some other gloves. I haven't been able to figure out why that is. You would think your hands would sweat about the same in all gloves but they don't.

Wifey is in retail/middle management. Cash handling. Handling things that all kinds of people handled before her. So she got to wearing gloves. He seeing paper money coming out from bras was a big part of it.

Wifey is in retail/middle management. Cash handling. Handling things that all kinds of people handled before her. So she got to wearing gloves. He seeing paper money coming out from bras was a big part of it.
Nothin' like a crackhead trailer trash dank thang pullin' a sweaty wad of cash out of her bra!
:rolleyes:

Awhile back, Northwest Armory has the S&W M&P 15-22 on sale for $299.99. I mentioned it to my girl. I said that it was a really good price, but didn't need another one. A couple weeks go by and I see the price has not gone up and I start to reconsider, hmmm....

So my GF is a firearms instructor and owns her own firearms training company. I thought the 15-22 would make a great "teaching aid" for some of her training classes and she would get good use of it on her own time too.

I decided to pick one up and give it to her as a early Christmas present. As I was coming in the door she knew right away that the cardboard box had some type firearm in it, so I tell her I couldn't resist, and had to buy the 15-22. I then told her I needed to make some minor upgrades and proceeded to do just that.

I knew she would need a case for it, so I went out and picked up an imexpensive one I knew she would like. After picking it up and bringing it home, I proceeded to fetch the 15-22 from the safe and stuffed it in the new case. I told her what is a new gun without a new case to go with it? She thought my choice of case was not quite my style, lol. I said well it's not for me, it's for you. Early Merry Christmas! She gave me a blank stare as we had a couple conversations going on at the same time, so it took her a few minutes to fully compute it.

With all the current political BS going on in WA, I thought it prudent to get it transferred over to her ASAP as I knew there would be at least a 14
day hold on it before she could take possession of it and I didn't want to monkey around any longer than needed. We were able to get out and shoot it some before the transfer. She has since got it out of jail and is really excited to put a bunch more rounds through it proper! @PacwestDefense :D
@spookshack And his GF loves it! Thanks Babe

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top