JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll get my wife bathrobes & socks. She...tears through 4 or 5 robes in a year

You pizz her that often, huh?

D9DF7255-4BB5-4DA3-945A-E665725AB987.jpeg

I just changed cell phone carriers and our existing phones would not work on the new network. Old phones anyway that were about ready for replacement. 4 new phones for the family and I told them Merry Christmas, there will be socks and underwear under the tree this year.

Can't say I'd have chosen to buy a new woman a gun... Though that's based on my experience of relationships being fleeting, often ending with them getting belligerent/irrational. One time a woman showed up on my doorstep with a .22 threatening to shoot herself. But hey, glad this one's working out for ya!

Fwiw, I abstain from Christmas altogether as I don't like spending money on people "just because" and they never really understood that I don't want them buying me stuff, either. So I just don't play

Giving my wife guns and other outdoor related stuff has happened many times through our 20+ years together.
This year, after listening to her b!tch about how hard it is to adjust the power ring on her scope I was going to buy her a smaller VX-R which I know will be much easier to adjust than her VX-II. Instead I'm getting her a new laptop. It's something she really will appreciate. For her birthday in January she'll get the scope.:D

I ordered a Walther PPS (you all know how easy online gun purchases are) for my wife. She gave the the opening that she wouldn't mind one like mine (no small one jokes. I normally carry a BP9cc). A friends wife and adult daughters recent decided to carry. He is a big fan of the XD9 and their grip safeties when holstering. I used to have one and agree.

That same day I came across an XD9 at the Scappoose BiMart. Why I ended up there is a mystery to me as well having never been there in 17 yrs. It was the XD9 subcompact for $299. So for Christmas I'm giving her a choice. I already know she will chose both.

I married very well, my wife didn't do so good but she has stayed the course for over 30 yrs. So I plan to get her a S&W wheel gun that she wants for peace of mind. Like I always say though, Its great to gift your significant other with a firearm, just don't give her ammunition.

I had asked Jessica if she would like it if she was given a gun as a gift.... she said "you already know the answer, I'd love to get a gun as a gift". And when asked what she likes, she said as long as it's purple lol.

She had held my G43 and she liked the size and feel. So I'm sure she will love the purple Ruger I got her.

Jessica likes to work with her hands. She used to work on cars, did some drag racing, and currently she is helping her bff rebuild her house. So knowing all that before the first date, I knew she'd like the purple knife I gave her.

Jess is not a problem maker and follows the rules.... I mean she works for the gobbment lol and no criminal background. So I'm not worried about her shooting me with a purple gun lol

Well, Considering what I have bought my self this year, Wife probably expects something major and expensive!
Not really, She is really easy to shop for, ANY cooking/baking gear she doesn't already have, Gift certificates to her favorite Shoe sight's and other fun places she likes to shop! I did pick up a new watch and some ear rings for her though, Gotta have a few surprises to hand her Christmas Eve!

NR,

Your posts either make me laugh out loud or smile...thanks.

Oh, and I believe you about the sandwich press, though I'm going to have to look up what they are....

I agree with this and thank you.

I had to look up what a sandwich press was too.

Old Lady Cate

I brought her home a Kuerig mini and a coffee frother, since she needs a fancy drink to settle in her stomach. I guess plain drip and coffee mate upsets her stomach. Anyway, apparently that wasn't enough, so I might need to pick up a stribog since it's about the only gun she likes I can afford.
Otherwise she wants shoes, which she has too many already. :s0114:

@biggie24420

No offense, but I'd never give a woman a weapon on a first date. Doesn't that seem just a little off?

I agree with this totally!

Side note to the forum:

I was taught that ladies did NOT accept one or more expensive gifts from a man unless she was engaged to him (Engagement ring if she wants one or not. Lots of women don't want an engagement ring.) or his wife.

(I want to say some other things but I will THINK about it first and POST second.)

A LADY or a GENTLEMAN should always PICK OUT THEIR OWN GUNS and SEE if they FIT the woman or man in ALL WAYS including if they really, really want the gun.

That is one thing for a Husband or a Wife or son or daughter should DO from the gitgo.

And if a woman or male, alone or as a couple, want to GIFT a firearm to an OLD or life long friend - be sure that the friend really LIKES or WANTS the GIFT of a firearm or in any other THING first. Find that out FIRST and go from there. In or out of state - FFL to FFL.

My MT husband and I are doing this now with some of OUR THINGS. I have double checked with my older brother, 78 years old, to see if his son wants any item FIRST before we make some other decisions and GIFTS. I am glad that I double checked again too! My older brother and his son did like the PIECE of gold that I sent to my brother years ago. The son is NOT into guns so I am glad that I did not send something to him willy nilly or list something in a will years ago or recently when we updated EVERYTHING.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads