JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
B.V. with a little of her Vermouth as a stretcher.
Going to take it easy, my Best Friend and I are going to Sportsman Park at Merlin tomorrow to sight in our 223's His is the Savage and mine is the Thompson Center my nephew gave to me for anniversary / birthday / Christmas all rolled into one.
I got it on paper here at home but now I want to really dial it in and I only have 83 yards here. I just hope I can do it well with 100rds. LOL
I'm taking sandbags a spotting scope and I have the bi-pod mounted so I should be able to hold it steady and see where I'm hitting.
Wish me luck. TC says they guarantee 3 shot 1 MOA at 100yds with quality ammo.
All I have is Winchester white box, and they seem to be OK, but I only shot up a couple of boxes so far.
As I said wish me luck, I'm taking my range box so I can clean the bore and clear any squibs. :rolleyes:
While I'm at it I'll be taking my 10-22 along to see what I can do with it. No bi-pod for it so sandbags will have to do.
We're probably going to take some Shoot N See bulls eye targets, them bitty little holes are hard to see.
This is me just taking up the slack on my Glock:s0010:just call me shaky Jake, I know it's supposed to be rapid fire, but humor me I'm OLD, bad guys beware I'm just as apt to shoot you in your pants zipper,
as I am to hit you in the head or parts in between! :s0140:
Gabby

Last Edited:
Any left, or is it that bad? LOL
Gabby
Most of the bottle, we had lots of beer, cider, and Mike's so the rest of my family was feeling pretty good by the time we finished dinner and I didn't bring stuff to make pina coladas. It has a nice pineapple flavor without being overpowering. I didn't (and almost never) add any sugar like most store bought flavored booze so it's still about 80 proof instead of the 65 or 70 with the Bacardi stuff and suitable for a direct replacement in cocktails.

Most of the bottle, we had lots of beer, cider, and Mike's so the rest of my family was feeling pretty good by the time we finished dinner and I didn't bring stuff to make pina coladas. It has a nice pineapple flavor without being overpowering. I didn't (and almost never) add any sugar like most store bought flavored booze so it's still about 80 proof instead of the 65 or 70 with the Bacardi stuff and suitable for a direct replacement in cocktails.

Will you missed my jibe, I was wondering if any was left after you "Tasted" it to see if it was any good
Gabby.

Absinthe, at the present.

absinthe.jpg

Real absinthe? That's awesome! Has that been legalized yet?

This particular absinthe is Wild Card Pacific Northwest made in Bend, Oregon. Candidly, it is far from the best I've had, but still enjoyable, particularly after a brutally long work week. This type is totally legal, of course, but as to others, I cannot say.

Real absinthe? That's awesome! Has that been legalized yet?

I had real absinthe from the Czech Republic once many moons ago complete with the spoon, louche and everything. Interesting experience!
Absinthe is legal in the U.S. Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate any more then any other high proof liqour, and Vermouth actually has wormwood in it too so if absinthe made you see a green fairy, so would your martini.

Absinthe is legal in the U.S. Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate any more then any other high proof liqour, and Vermouth actually has wormwood in it too so if absinthe made you see a green fairy, so would your martini.

I'm no absinthe connoisseur by any stretch of the means, but at some point real absinthe was banned in the US. A quick search shows it's now legal to purchase and possess. Again, I'm no expert, but I thought the difference between real absinthe and faux absinthe was grande wormwood versus petite wormwood, with grand wormwood resulting in the presence of higher levels of thujone.

The stuff I had that was brought into the country by a friend of mine was definitely the real deal. There were no hallucinations or anything of that nature during my experience but my dance with the Green Fairy was definitely different.

I'm going to see if I can procure a bottle for my upcoming birthday. Thanks all!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top