JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Billings, MT for a few days. Stopped in at Angry Hank's Brew Pub five minutes before close.
Had a pint of Head Trauma IPA. Full bodied, wonderful scent (I think wine drinkers call that "boquet"), outstanding taste.
So tasty, I'll be stopping in tomorrow night and trying the Massive Head Trauma ISA and DIRT Imperial Stout. 'Effin' good.

IMG_2844.JPG

Blazing World brewed by Modern Times

Went wine tasting at Oak Knoll Winery today. Brought home a bottle of Pinot Gris... Not sure how I feel about wine.. nothing I tasted today blew my socks off. I'm more of a Jack, Crown or Vodka person, but my friends think I should at least know about wine.. whatever that means:rolleyes:

To be clear, I've had and will drink all sorts of other bourbon, even some fancy Pappy from my good friend in KT when he can find some. Never turn up my nose at something new, something recommend. Lots of great bourbons out there, to be sure. But, the one you'll always find on the shelf is MM... Seems a good balance of price, taste, and very enjoyable to boot. As they say, one man's opinion......:cool:

To be clear, I've had and will drink all sorts of other bourbon, even some fancy Pappy from my good friend in KT when he can find some. Never turn up my nose at something new, something recommend. Lots of great bourbons out there, to be sure. But, the one you'll always find on the shelf is MM... Seems a good balance of price, taste, and very enjoyable to boot. As they say, one man's opinion......:cool:
I've tried several a bourbon, searching for that one which can be sipped over the rocks by itself. I'll have to give it a try.

Went wine tasting at Oak Knoll Winery today. Brought home a bottle of Pinot Gris... Not sure how I feel about wine.. nothing I tasted today blew my socks off. I'm more of a Jack, Crown or Vodka person, but my friends think I should at least know about wine.. whatever that means:rolleyes:
There are some GREAT wines made in the PacNW that are worth knowing about. Personal preferences are nothing to argue with, however.....:D When the occasion arises and you're out for a nice meal, sometimes a fantastic bottle of wine is a great complement to an equally fine meal. Nice to be able to look over the wine list and have a solid idea of what you're looking at, what you'd like. Pro tip - many of the better restaurants in the area will let you bring your own wine, and will charge you a 'corkage fee' to open it and serve it to you. Sounds expensive, until you realize you can buy a $40 bottle of wine that's $100 on their wine list. Just saying....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top