Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What are you choosing to do?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by simpleguy, Dec 19, 2012.

1. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

There's lots of guns I still want, but today I bought some insurance....I'm already an NRA Life Member....today, I sent in my annual $100 to OFF(Oregon Firearm Federation) and became a Life Member of the Second Amendment Foundation.

What are your thoughts? Is it money well spent(my mind and my $$ are made up) just want to know what others are up to.

2. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Just joined OFF as well.

I'm calling my congresscritter's office and talking to their staff. I'll keep doing this every weekday commute, or until they block my number.

I was born in Oregon. I don't want it to become California.

3. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

Nice I'm a member OFF also money well spent I believe.

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I do not trust the NRA...thin NFA34 and GCA68...nope, I do not trust them at all.

I do trust the SAF, and am willing to support them...for you OR types, OFF does seem to be a good outfit.

5. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

@hermannr - I'm kinda scared as to what the NRA has in store for it's press conference on Friday. So I hear you on that, but they are the 800pound Gorilla, I just hope they don't cave.
    @ocarolan - I like it, I think I'll do the same, thanks!

6. Mohawk13

Mohawk13 Home on The Range Active Member

Save Your Money and Buy ammo...NRA will fold as they always have...

7. Bigbaddude

Bigbaddude West linn Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think I will just sit back and wait for the world to end on Dec 21. :eatpop:

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Today I chose to buy 10) 32rnd. magazines for my Sterling Mk.IV SMG (SBR) project before the dummies ban anything over 10rnds. THAT would have put a real downer on my goals. ;)

9. Squidly

Squidly Sandy Active Member

I just bought 15) 20rnd AR10 mags a few days ago. Just found 7 more.

10. jjackffrost

jjackffrost central oregon Active Member

time to dig out all the 10 round mags for my CCW from the last ban

11. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Money is great. Money helps a lot. SAF, GOAL would be my first suggestions. GOA a distant fifth as it's a GOP front at this point. NRA is barely any better. JFPO is so far out in right field that it manages to offend most GUN OWNERS. -Barely more credible than the Birchers really.

If you really want to make a difference, get you and your five best friends to write handwritten letters to your congressmen, legislators and Senators. Handwritten letters mnake a LOT of difference. The math is 1000 votes to one handwritten letter. In a district of 1/4 million, 100 letters is a HUGE deal. 1000 letters is overwhelming. 3,000 means do it this way or lose your seat.

Calls and emails don't get it. You actually need to get off your *** and DO something in order to make a difference. Unless your check is for $5,000+, it's chump change. Your 50-cent letter on the other hand, really makes a difference.

12. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks misterbill, yeah a handwritten letter is good. Calling and talking to a staff member is still better (IMO) than email or a printed letter though.

How do you guys feel about including something physical with the letter? A glossy photo of (say) my kid smiling, with a 22? A laminated news clipping of an event stopped by a CHL holder? A greeting card inviting them to join me for an hour at the range?

Just looking for ideas on ways to make our letters stand out - or harder to toss in the recycle bin. :)

13. kev1

kev1 seabeck,wa Member

Today I asked two co-workers to join nra. They did. It took two minutes online. I know some say its a waste of time. I believe numbers count. Be it letters or supporting a club. For now its what I can do, my goal is to have ten friends join nra or saf. I hope at least half of us try.