JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There's lots of guns I still want, but today I bought some insurance....I'm already an NRA Life Member....today, I sent in my annual $100 to OFF(Oregon Firearm Federation) and became a Life Member of the Second Amendment Foundation.

What are your thoughts? Is it money well spent(my mind and my $$ are made up) just want to know what others are up to.

Just joined OFF as well.

I'm calling my congresscritter's office and talking to their staff. I'll keep doing this every weekday commute, or until they block my number.

I was born in Oregon. I don't want it to become California.

There's lots of guns I still want, but today I bought some insurance....I'm already an NRA Life Member....today, I sent in my annual $100 to OFF(Oregon Firearm Federation) and became a Life Member of the Second Amendment Foundation.

What are your thoughts? Is it money well spent(my mind and my $$ are made up) just want to know what others are up to.

I do not trust the NRA...thin NFA34 and GCA68...nope, I do not trust them at all.

I do trust the SAF, and am willing to support them...for you OR types, OFF does seem to be a good outfit.

@hermannr - I'm kinda scared as to what the NRA has in store for it's press conference on Friday. So I hear you on that, but they are the 800pound Gorilla, I just hope they don't cave.
@ocarolan - I like it, I think I'll do the same, thanks!

Money is great. Money helps a lot. SAF, GOAL would be my first suggestions. GOA a distant fifth as it's a GOP front at this point. NRA is barely any better. JFPO is so far out in right field that it manages to offend most GUN OWNERS. -Barely more credible than the Birchers really.

If you really want to make a difference, get you and your five best friends to write handwritten letters to your congressmen, legislators and Senators. Handwritten letters mnake a LOT of difference. The math is 1000 votes to one handwritten letter. In a district of 1/4 million, 100 letters is a HUGE deal. 1000 letters is overwhelming. 3,000 means do it this way or lose your seat.

Calls and emails don't get it. You actually need to get off your *** and DO something in order to make a difference. Unless your check is for $5,000+, it's chump change. Your 50-cent letter on the other hand, really makes a difference.

Thanks misterbill, yeah a handwritten letter is good. Calling and talking to a staff member is still better (IMO) than email or a printed letter though.

How do you guys feel about including something physical with the letter? A glossy photo of (say) my kid smiling, with a 22? A laminated news clipping of an event stopped by a CHL holder? A greeting card inviting them to join me for an hour at the range?

Just looking for ideas on ways to make our letters stand out - or harder to toss in the recycle bin. :)

Today I asked two co-workers to join nra. They did. It took two minutes online. I know some say its a waste of time. I believe numbers count. Be it letters or supporting a club. For now its what I can do, my goal is to have ten friends join nra or saf. I hope at least half of us try.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top