JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost...

(In general terms)

1. Stop the bleeding (up to and including a turniquet as a last resort)

2. Make sure the airway is clear (up to and including CPR)

3. Treat for shock, and seek/send for medical aid.
Is this in combat, in the civilian world, or what?
In combat, you slap a tourniquet on and keep firing while someone calls for a medevac.

In the civilian world, you seek medical help FIRST, get someone to call 911, then you stop the bleeding. Tourniquets are much preferred these days. Too many people bleed out through improperly applied pressure dressings, people don't often die from amputations anymore, and the technology can bring a limb back after 4 hours with no blood fairly consistently. Plus, the tourniquet gets you moved on to the next stage of care faster. If they need chest compressions, that's what's next. If not, treat for shock and wait for help.

Torso wounds are another story. Gruesome and not a whole lot you can do. Keep them calm, keep pressure on the wound, and watch for signs of a punctured lung (which isn't the worst complication, but it is just about the only one you can do anything about.) Get help fast.

Haha.. I recognize a test question when I see one (at least, I hope it's not the strange, morbid and oddly specific question it appears to be at face value)..

This is a hard question to answer out of context.. I'm guessing this was for a quiz so the ship has probably already sailed, but if you still need help elaborate a little and I'm sure you'll be able to get the answers you need from somebody.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top