JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was rummaging thru a bucket of brass and found these two things (see pictures). They are about the size of a 45 acp case. You can push the base to extend a firing-pin like tip.

I am probably missing the obvious, but I have never seen anything like these before.

Thanks

Edit: there are no markings on the bottom and there is a primer.

I believe those are blanks that are designed to cycle the slide on a semi-auto handgun.

have any more information?

these look machined.. my first thought was some kind of gages. all the blanks i've seen, including those designed to cycle the slide, just look like regular blanks, but pack a lot more and hotter powder

have any more information?

these look machined.. my first thought was some kind of gages. all the blanks i've seen, including those designed to cycle the slide, just look like regular blanks, but pack a lot more and hotter powder

Yeah they look machined or to my inexperienced eye they look quality built, not like something you would use and throw away. I was wrong about the size, I said in original post they were about the size of a 45 acp case, but they more closely resemble a 40S&W size. I am quessing they came from a law enforcement range. Maybe one of our LE members will be able to tell us more.
This is one of those unusual things that seems hard to google. :s0114:

my second thought was some kind of malfunction inducer.. are they both the same? one's protruded.. do they slide up and down?

Yes, they slide in and out. I took picture of them in both positions. They slide very smoothly, the fit and finish is good. They look totally self contained. I can't see how they could be reloaded, there is not a clear way to open them up.
I feel like I'm doing a brain teasing puzzle. Under-employment blues I suppose :paper:

Probably similar design to these. At first glance it looked like a Simunition to me but these internal piston thingys look to be based more on the Russian silent pistol cartridges.

<broken link removed>

Yes, I think these are them, the ones in the diagram the utmworldwide.com link seems to answer the mystery.

I have a friend thst gave me a couple that are similar to yours.

The one's I have are aluminum and &#8216;slide' apart when the primer is struck to cycle the slide of a semi-auto pistol as well.

Looking at the one's I have and the pictures shown on the web page above I can't even imagine how much money they get for these!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top