JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The GunRunner Arms was having a rare day that the store would be closed. Would be one of the few times we all could go shooting together. I left early to stake out a spot. 2 miles in the truck was getting odd swerving in the corners. Got out and found a flat rear tire. The truck is new to me and looking at 12 or guns, ammo, (couple 1000 rounds), 40 6" steel pistol targets, and other accessories
I see I'm going to find out how good the jack works. About then I see the other rear tire settling to the ground. 2 flats at the same time, what are the odds of that? About then my son rounds the corner, He has the same truck as I do but 1 year older. Now I have 2 spares and a young back to help. Broke the lugs loose and just started jacking the truck up when around the corner comes 4-5 more trucks. The rest of the GunRunner crew! More young healthy help and one of them even had a floor jack! All got taken care of and a good day shooting and picnic lunch on the range.
But at Les Schwab tires today they found what punctured my tires left a 1' gash that was not repairable. There was enough tread left that I got pro-rated $40 for the tires. Better than nothing but I was still out $150.

Several cans of big tire squirt-into-the-tire instant flat fix come to mind. Also those cheapo but cool and neat 12VDC air compressors. Also a hand ratchet type bead squeezer. Not nick picking. Murphy was a prophet! An EVIL GENIUS! You will ALWAYS endure a non road side repairable tire failure ... and it will ALWAYS occur when trying to have FUN! Never on the way to the dentist or such. Yikes!! :)

One would be appalled at all the junk we have in big duffel bags in the back of the SUVs. But .... a huge gash in the tire? Nope. We would have been foooked. But ... Murphy also forgives. He did supply you with fresh strong young backs and stuff! Remember when all tires had tubes and boots? Remember Vulcan tire tube patch kits? Tire irons? High Boy Jacks? Elbow grease? Whole spare tubes? :)

PS: I am now having stupid but fun fun trying to even up the exact word count in each paragraph. Hearing stories like yours plus the evil existence of cheap road tri-cops (sp) makes me wonder if some spare tubes and maybe some extra spare complete tires/wheels might be a good idea. Where to put them? Dunno. Maybe a complete African Type roof rack with Four (4) spare tires comes to mind! :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads