JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:confused:

Went to the gun show this weekend at the Expo Center. Picked up a new Springfired XD-40....been wanting one for some time.

Well I took it out yesterday to give it a try, took careful aim and yet everything was low/left (shooting from 30 & 48 yrds). Gave it to my friend, Washington County SO and he experienced nearly the same results.

Is there a way to double check if the sights are off? Or do I just take it to a gunsmith to have the sights verified?

Disappointing....:gun10:

i would do some dry fire practice and trigger control drills, as well as work on your grip since it is a new firearm to you and there is a lot to take into account such as grip angle and such. have you tried resting steady at a bench with the pistol? then again you are shooting at 48 yards ..lol :)

Was it NIB or was it used, It's possible if used that somebody tried to do a bubba sight replacement and couldn't get the notoriously tight stock sights out, but did manage to drift them slightly. If its new I got nothin.

However in either case next to the base of each sight machined into the slide there is a reference mark that should align with the edge of each sight. If you can't see both marks chances are the sights have been drifted.

:confused:

Went to the gun show this weekend at the Expo Center. Picked up a new Springfired XD-40....been wanting one for some time.

Well I took it out yesterday to give it a try, took careful aim and yet everything was low/left (shooting from 30 & 48 yrds). Gave it to my friend, Washington County SO and he experienced nearly the same results.

Is there a way to double check if the sights are off? Or do I just take it to a gunsmith to have the sights verified?

Disappointing....:gun10:

How far low/left? 30+ yards requires some precision sight alignment

The gun was NIB....I never knew about the reference marks, I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Regarding grip size/angle, I already have an XD-9 (my favorite carry guy). Size/angle are very similar on both guns....might just be my eye sight...not fun getting old.

At 30+ yrds most were hitting around the 7-8pm mark....about 2 in. left...don't get me wrong, these would all still be considered solid kill hits just not what I am accustom too when shooting similar distances with my 9mm.

Then again....first time out with a new gun...and it's been 6 months since I had the opportunity to do some plinking...

At 30+ yrds most were hitting around the 7-8pm mark....about 2 in. left...don't get me wrong, these would all still be considered solid kill hits just not what I am accustom too when shooting similar distances with my 9mm.

Then again....first time out with a new gun...and it's been 6 months since I had the opportunity to do some plinking...

2 inches windage at 30 yards is not bad at all, easy to correct if it's the sights, and hitting low could mean you were shooting light weight/high velocity bullets/loads for the caliber or you were pulling the shots low

Bring it in closer and see where you're grouping, 7-15yds. Get some more trigger time, make sure you're not doing anything wrong.
That said, the sights could be off. A friends brand new XDM was off by a couple inches from the factory.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top