JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seriously, asking for a friend. He's looking for a couple relatively uncommon used rifles in specific calibers. Sounds like he has the dies and stuff for reloading. He's not a member here at NWFA and he's never looked for a weapon online. A longtime hunter, he understands the requirement for shipping FFL to FFL, and he knows a shop where he lives in Astoria that'll receive and do the transfer for him.

He knows I've had good luck with Gunbroker.com. And I told him I've seen countless horror stories/warnings right here here about Armslist. He seems to think Budsgunshop.com looks reputable. Anyone here have other sources I can recommend for him to use - or to avoid like the plague? Thanks for advice.

BTW, he's looking for:
.375 Remington Ultra Mag
and/or
.378 Weatherby

For me it's this forum or other brand specific forums (HK Pro, FN Forum, Sig, etc), or Gunbroker. I feel pretty good about buying from a longtime member of a forum member who has excellent feedback. More pictures the better of course. You can always request more pictures if needed.

I always use a credit card if I'm buying from an online store, even if I can save money by mailing in a money order. I get points and I can always call my CC company and dispute a charge if I get scammed.

Thanks
I bought a LE trade in from Buds once. Went smoothly.
Thanks.

Since first posting here, I did some more looking. The 2 rifles my buddy hopes to find are (to my limited knowledge of hunting pieces) oddball, no longer made. He's not a real online guy, but it's time for him to step up and do the legwork himself. I'll also recommend he try the following, unless I see warnings here to avoid them:
- Midway
- Cabelas
- Sportsmans
- Gunspot
- Gunbuyer

Appreciate the input.

Armslist bad / GB good! Another really good source for more rare firearms is Rock Island auctions. They usually have tons of stuff and I think they do monthly online auctions now, and quarterly antiquities kind of things.

I got a stellar deal last winter on what I thought was a "shooter" S&W 29-2, and when it arrived the thing was factory fired only! Basically NIB but that may be an unusual find.

Good luck :D

wikiarms.com and gun.deals are two good aggregators that can help you search a lot of online sellers at once. They're not great for used guns, but definitely useful for finding new retailers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top