JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seriously, asking for a friend. He's looking for a couple relatively uncommon used rifles in specific calibers. Sounds like he has the dies and stuff for reloading. He's not a member here at NWFA and he's never looked for a weapon online. A longtime hunter, he understands the requirement for shipping FFL to FFL, and he knows a shop where he lives in Astoria that'll receive and do the transfer for him.

He knows I've had good luck with Gunbroker.com. And I told him I've seen countless horror stories/warnings right here here about Armslist. He seems to think Budsgunshop.com looks reputable. Anyone here have other sources I can recommend for him to use - or to avoid like the plague? Thanks for advice.

BTW, he's looking for:
.375 Remington Ultra Mag
and/or
.378 Weatherby

For me it's this forum or other brand specific forums (HK Pro, FN Forum, Sig, etc), or Gunbroker. I feel pretty good about buying from a longtime member of a forum member who has excellent feedback. More pictures the better of course. You can always request more pictures if needed.

I always use a credit card if I'm buying from an online store, even if I can save money by mailing in a money order. I get points and I can always call my CC company and dispute a charge if I get scammed.

Thanks
I bought a LE trade in from Buds once. Went smoothly.
Thanks.

Since first posting here, I did some more looking. The 2 rifles my buddy hopes to find are (to my limited knowledge of hunting pieces) oddball, no longer made. He's not a real online guy, but it's time for him to step up and do the legwork himself. I'll also recommend he try the following, unless I see warnings here to avoid them:
- Midway
- Cabelas
- Sportsmans
- Gunspot
- Gunbuyer

Appreciate the input.

Armslist bad / GB good! Another really good source for more rare firearms is Rock Island auctions. They usually have tons of stuff and I think they do monthly online auctions now, and quarterly antiquities kind of things.

I got a stellar deal last winter on what I thought was a "shooter" S&W 29-2, and when it arrived the thing was factory fired only! Basically NIB but that may be an unusual find.

Good luck :D

wikiarms.com and gun.deals are two good aggregators that can help you search a lot of online sellers at once. They're not great for used guns, but definitely useful for finding new retailers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top