JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Weatherby has a Weatherby WeatherGuard Vanguard rifle in most calibers. Very sweet. I have one in 270. The Weatherby weighs in at about 7.5 pounds and with scope on rest is steady and performance is very accurate. I missed the opportunity last September when Wallmart was closing out the Vanguard at less than $300.
The Walmart near me nearly closed out of guns, and now they are coming back stronger than ever. I think Walmart's weakness is that you better know what you are after, because their employees don't generally have a clue!

Uh, learning about guns, and have never heard of Sako until now. Thanks for explaining the twist. So, the higher the number the better?

I'm just gonna say, you have spent LOTS of time in the barrel break in thread YOU created yet you don't know what twist rate is?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here at all, but I think you need to do some more research and learning before you start threads on topics you know nothing about. Then openly disagree with experienced folks.

Nothing wrong with reading more and posting less.

Uh, learning about guns, and have never heard of Sako until now. Thanks for explaining the twist. So, the higher the number the better?
Not really ... the proper twist for the weight and length bullet being fired so it stabilizes in flight is the aim.
For example a 1:12 .223 barrel wont properly stabilize bullets over about 62 grains. A 1:7 .223 barrel will stabilize 75 and up grain bullets. It may however overspin a 45-55 gr. bullet to the point it flies apart 10-20 ft out of the muzzle.

I'm just gonna say, you have spent LOTS of time in the barrel break in thread YOU created yet you don't know what twist rate is?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here at all, but I think you need to do some more research and learning before you start threads on topics you know nothing about. Then openly disagree with experienced folks.

Nothing wrong with reading more and posting less.
I am not the person who believes ASKING QUESTIONS ARE STUPID! I learn from asking questions. I would ask you to shut the h___ up, but someone private messaged me and said you were a cool dude! BTW, I am not a jerk either! Obviously, to make myself vulnerable on this forum, communicates a healthy self-esteem and not scared of the perceptions of others. However, when you suggest reading more and posting less, you are basically communicating, I don't care what your learning style may be. Based on what you last said, I think you do care!

I am not the person who believes ASKING QUESTIONS ARE STUPID! I learn from asking questions. I would ask you to shut the h___ up, but someone private messaged me and said you were a cool dude! BTW, I am not a jerk either! Obviously, to make myself vulnerable on this forum, communicates a healthy self-esteem and not scared of the perceptions of others. However, when you suggest reading more and posting less, you are basically communicating, I don't care what your learning style may be. Based on what you last said, I think you do care!

Wow. I was just saying there's lots of good information to read and learn here at NWFA. TONS of threads on the subjects you make threads on. If I was a jerk, I would delete them or merge them into existing threads as that is forum rules. But I didn't.

Oh, and asking me to shut the h___ up won't get you very far. But thank you for the outburst.

Anyway, I'd still say Tikka is the best bang for the buck. If looking to spend less, there are LOTS of options. Check out Sportsman's Warehouse. Decent prices and LOTS of in stock hunting rifles you can check out in person.

People join forums to learn and I belong to 6 or 8...and I have my own small forum too. The problem is when a forum grows to the size of NWF it is hard to find info you need and then ya gotta wade thru a lot of el toro poo poo posts to boot.
New people to the shooting world need encouragement and above all they need good information to help them become better shooters and smarter gun owners.

I put a Nikon Black 4 x 16 on the Vanguard S2 308 and it shoot just great! You could check out CZ; I have one of their fine 223 rifles and that is super as well.

People join forums to learn and I belong to 6 or 8...and I have my own small forum too. The problem is when a forum grows to the size of NWF it is hard to find info you need and then ya gotta wade thru a lot of el toro poo poo posts to boot.
New people to the shooting world need encouragement and above all they need good information to help them become better shooters and smarter gun owners.

Yes, and that's why I didn't merge or delete the threads. Even though per forum rules we are supposed to for same-topic threads.

Cabelas has a good selection of rifles, well worth the time to try as many as you can!
Yes, CZ make very nice rifles, if they fit your budget, a fine choice!:D

They do, I'm just not a fan of their "take a number" process. Or their prices. :eek:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads