JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Space mylar blanket, some foil pouches of water( 6), some canned soups (4), water filter/ smart straw, flashlight, hand crank radio, walking boots, socks, shirt, rain coat, a small wire saw, small knife, hat, small camp stove w/ fuel.

Reminds me - I need to swap out those 2021 soups w/ fresh cans.

This whole thing weighs in at about 25 lbs...light enough to carry if I'm suddenly on foot.

This could vary from what you carry in your pockets every day to what you can fit in a fully-loaded vehicle depending on the circumstances. I have various loadouts/lists for daily, overnight, get-home (4-8 days), mid-term evac, and INCH (VERY last resort!). Things to consider are defense, food (including procurement and prep), water, shelter and heat, clothing for various seasons, medical, sanitation, comms, tools and repair materials for doing work, transportation, power, personal documents, exchange currency, and yes, entertainment (think books and small games).

Some redundancy in all categories cannot be overstated when it comes to longer-term scenarios!

Last Edited:
Under the back seat of my pickup I have a bunch of stuff, one of the most important is 50 rounds of the most common calibers I generally have with me. Shotgun rifle and pistol. As well as the firearms uses the cartridges I don't have guns with me for are cute containers for fire starting tender.

My Get Home bag setup is as follows:
  • Money ($200 in cash, all 20's)
  • Cell phone charger
  • Power bank (fully charged, takes same cable as cell phone charger)
  • Trauma kit (includes 2 tourniquets, quikclot, chest seals, gauze, steri-strips, shears, scalpel, tweezers, Israeli bandage, alcohol wipes, antibiotic ointment, Aspirin, bandaids, ace bandage, gloves, etc.)
  • Flashlight (battery operated)
  • Backup flashlight (USB powered)
  • Folding knife
  • Box cutter
  • Compact wrecking bar
  • Compact bolt cutters
  • Multi-tool
  • Hatchet
  • Duct tape
  • Bundle of zip ties (large size)
  • Paracord (50ft)
  • Lighter
  • Bottle of water
  • Granola bars
  • Portable radio (crank-style)
  • Disposable rain poncho
  • Spare jeans
  • Spare shirt
  • Spare sweatshirt
  • Gloves (Mechanix)
  • Gloves (wool)
  • Balaclava
  • 2x spare underwear
  • 4x spare socks
  • Hiking boots (kept separate from the bag, but readily accessible in the trunk)
  • Jacket (kept separate from the bag, but readily accessible in the trunk)
I've considered adding a rifle or shotgun, semi-auto pistol, spare mags, holster, etc to the kit, but don't want to leave firearms unsecured in the vehicle indefinitely - too much potential liability. Instead I just make sure I carry every time I leave the house, and have a lockbox on the vehicle just in case I need to briefly leave the gun in the car for whatever reason.

All handy... but can't believe folks seem to be forgetting one of the basic necessities of life. Namely.... water purification tabs or equivalent purification system.

Lifestraws are "filters", not "purifiers" and in a SHTF situation with hordes of people, waste backup/treatment facility outage and likely poor hygiene at most any accessible water source... creepy crawlies (IE., viruses) will abound. Purification is a must and boiling requires fuel, time in one place and won't always be practical when you need it.

Tools and weapons are great, but remember.... "water, shelter, food". Everything else are just "luxuries". ;)

In my BOB... a bladder that folds down smaller than a paper sack and a manual purifier to direct fill drinking bottles. Tablets and boiling can make water "safe", but still be extremely distasteful.

Last Edited:
Cottonelle or Kirkland (Costco) flushable wipes. No joke.
I have 9 of those boxes stacked in my house. During an emergency event my butthole is going to be nice and fresh! Lol

Edit:
As someone familiar with plumbing/drain cleaning. Flushing anything that is not exclusively toilet paper is not advised, unless you like paying for drain clearing. Flushable wipes aren't as 'flushable' as they claim.

Last Edited:
I have 9 of those boxes stacked in my house. During an emergency event my butthole is going to be nice and fresh! Lol
You're half way there.... but... you're really supposed to be using them regularly now... not just hording them only for an emergency event.

Sometimes it better to hear it from strangers.... :s0140:

You're half way there.... but... you're really supposed to be using them regularly now... not just hording them only for an emergency event.

Sometimes it better to hear it from strangers.... :s0140:
That's nice. They exist as a permanently stocked item in my bathroom. Having children also helps us to go through the stock, but even so, it's not like they go bad. They would just eventually lose moisture, but could be 'recharged' with some water.

I'm going to put together an emergency bag. I need some help preparing.

1. A gun of some kind shotgun, rifle and handgun. If you can be specific that would be great
2. A first aid kit
3. A portable battery pack to keep my cell changed.
4. A paper map

What else would I need
I'm going to put together an emergency bag. I need some help preparing.

1. A gun of some kind shotgun, rifle and handgun. If you can be specific that would be great
2. A first aid kit
3. A portable battery pack to keep my cell changed.
4. A paper map

What else would I need
I have first aid, food, shelter, fire sources, and extinguisher in my truck all the time. And axe, and extra mora knife, bandaids to tourniquet, etc.

As far as the bag, not dissimilar those not as much stuff, ammo, sharpening kit, emergency blanket, parachord, water purifying tablets and a survival straw, ferro rod, good full tang knife. Extra socks/gloves/beanie/ woolen jackets or blanket.

The EDC is much more minimalist. Folding knife, flashlight, pistol, multitool, ferro rod on my keys, extra mag, lighter. 👌

Let me know what I'm missing or if that's helpful. ✌️

My Get Home bag setup is as follows:
  • Money ($200 in cash, all 20's)
  • Cell phone charger
  • Power bank (fully charged, takes same cable as cell phone charger)
  • Trauma kit (includes 2 tourniquets, quikclot, chest seals, gauze, steri-strips, shears, scalpel, tweezers, Israeli bandage, alcohol wipes, antibiotic ointment, Aspirin, bandaids, ace bandage, gloves, etc.)
  • Flashlight (battery operated)
  • Backup flashlight (USB powered)
  • Folding knife
  • Box cutter
  • Compact wrecking bar
  • Compact bolt cutters
  • Multi-tool
  • Hatchet
  • Duct tape
  • Bundle of zip ties (large size)
  • Paracord (50ft)
  • Lighter
  • Bottle of water
  • Granola bars
  • Portable radio (crank-style)
  • Disposable rain poncho
  • Spare jeans
  • Spare shirt
  • Spare sweatshirt
  • Gloves (Mechanix)
  • Gloves (wool)
  • Balaclava
  • 2x spare underwear
  • 4x spare socks
  • Hiking boots (kept separate from the bag, but readily accessible in the trunk)
  • Jacket (kept separate from the bag, but readily accessible in the trunk)
I've considered adding a rifle or shotgun, semi-auto pistol, spare mags, holster, etc to the kit, but don't want to leave firearms unsecured in the vehicle indefinitely - too much potential liability. Instead I just make sure I carry every time I leave the house, and have a lockbox on the vehicle just in case I need to briefly leave the gun in the car for whatever reason.
This seems like a heavy loadout for get-home with all the tools and electronics, but I recognize that everyone faces different potential needs depending on location and circumstances. The two things I recommend adding are water purification tabs and TP/wipes which have been said already. Where I am willing to add weight is an ultralight sleeping bag and waterproof, heat reflective bivvy.

I plan to be fast and light in order to minimize exposure by getting home as quickly as possible. For tools, I have a Leatherman Charge and my EDC folding knife. For electronics I have a small charger to top my phone off and then toss when I hit the road, and one charged extended-life battery for my radio. I envision most get-home scenarios to be those that won't allow phone use due to towers being inoperable. My food is high-calorie, ready-to-eat so I can eat on the go and not waste time cooking, although I do carry a small titanium cup and tea bags for moral support in cold weather. I'm also not a long gun guy when it comes to get-home because my goal is to not draw attention to myself, and I'll travel at night and on railroad tracks if possible to avoid contact with others, and to be moving at night when it's cooler/colder. Again, to each his own.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top