JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bug out, bail out of vehicle, get home, 24/72 or longer hour what is the intent of the bag and where are you planning on keeping it?

Anything paper...put in plastic ziploc or other dry environment.
Personally, my leave the vehicle bag is vast. What I mean by that is that I have way more stuff than I need rat holed into every nook and crannie of my JKU. duplicates, triplicates ect and the spectrum covers fire, food, firearms, ammo, tools cal me Mcgyver. What I do keep in there is a comfortable fitting hiking pack, actually several.
If I intend to abandon my jeep or what ever happens, I can pick and choose what I need for the mission at hand and possibly equip a 2nd and 3rd person.

remeber...1 is none and 2 is 1.
I thought 20 is one and 19 is none

Survival kit check list :

One forty five automatic...
Two boxes of ammunition...
Four days concentrated emergency rations...
One drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine , vitamin pills , pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible...
One hundred dollars in rubles...
One hundred dollars in gold...
Nine packs of chewing gum...
One issue of prophylactics...
Three lipstick...
Three pair of nylon stockings...

( There now you are ready for Vegas....:D )
Andy

Survival kit check list :

One forty five automatic...
Two boxes of ammunition...
Four days concentrated emergency rations...
One drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine , vitamin pills , pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible...
One hundred dollars in rubles...
One hundred dollars in gold...
Nine packs of chewing gum...
One issue of prophylactics...
Three lipstick...
Three pair of nylon stockings...

( There now you are ready for Vegas....:D )
Andy
Add 1 fifth Blue Label.:s0032:

What's a "fleshlight"? :s0131:
thumb_dressing-up-his-fleshlight-made-ernie-feel-less-alone-so-28318921.png

It really depends upon a lot of variables. You have your basics (warmth, first aid, water, shelter, food). How much you carry will depend upon how far you need to go. The bag I keep with me at work is very different from the bag I take with me hunting. The bag I would need to get home from my work trailer would be much diffrent from what. I need to get from work to my work trailer. Layers of bags is my choice. (Also some custom bags for each contigency). Work bag has meds, meals, a few tools. Extra car keys. Stuff I use on a daily basis, plus some just in case. Pockets of each jacket have the basics in them to get by for a night ot two. I keep extra needed meds in my jeans pocket along with a knife and light. Firearms are a component of my needs, but don't factor in as a must have. Just how I do it. Others feel differently, and that works for them.

I have different bags / backpacks / bins for different application.

but all have a same basic items; container (bag, pack, tote, etc) TP, bandana/shemagh, flashlight, multi tool, flare, lashing material of some kind, something to eat, some cash, first aid, blanket (of some kind), work gloves and an extra pair of socks.

i build up from these basics. all first aid kits all have pain killers, fem products, a sm. Pair of scissors, nail clippers and sunscreen… a whole thread could be devoted to first aid kits, IMO

Last Edited:
A handful of 2x3" bandaids will come in super handy when you or someone with you ends up with painful blisters from your first actual trek wearing brand new armageddon/bug out footwear.

To many variables. How far and how fast are you planning on moving, whats the weather or season. My dayhike is firearm and knife , firstaid kit ( large including things pets might need ), shelter ( poncho, tarp, tent ), cordage ( i like 120lb braided fishing line ), fire starter kit, small flashlight or head lamp, 2 bottles of water ( one titanium one Nalgene ), one peak refuel biscuits and gravy or a lrg jar of peanuts. Kit ususaly contains sayer mini water filter, colapsable twig stove or jet boil type stove. Its east to take all the "what if stuff" but i think saving weight and bieng able to move swiftly quietly and far are usualy more important, and the older i get the heavier everthing gets. I try and keep my day bag under 10lbs less firearm and you can hike all day at a good rate. My 3 day backpack camp set up with everthing is about 55lbs including several amenities, dog sleep system and dog food and im good for about 4-10 miles depending on hills and if i plan on doing anythnig once there

To be honest, I love the woods and used to spend alot of time out there. Now days I'm fat and old, plus I flat don't trust people. I don't wonder too far from my truck maybe no more than 15 mins walking time out and back. So I don't have a bug-out bag, I have a survival truck. It's full of all sorts of things. One I call the pioneer kit, Pick, shovel, axe and bow saw. Real tools to do real work. A couple MRE's, first aid kit with extra triangle bandages, a couple ways to start fire. A couple wool blankets, a 8 x 12 tarp, Para cord. You get the idea, if I get stuck in a snow bank somewhere I have lots to play with until help arrives and I'll have a hot cup of coffee ready for them when they find me. This is what is in my truck all the time I'll add to it depending on what I'm up to. You'll notice I don't have a dedicated truck gun. Back to that don't trust people thing If someone messes with my truck I don't want to give them a gun. I carry my firearm with me so that means a hand gun. For a walk about gun I want something that I can hit a 5 gal bucket hard every time at 100 yds. My 629 works well here.

Large heavy 50-gallon black trash bags at least 3 to 5. They can be made into shelter, solar still, wind break, rain protection if put between your clothes and your body and to gather goods on your journey. They are light weight and really come in handy.

An Altoid tin that has condoms, anti diarrhea pills, a spare phone battery, etc. These are things you are more likely to need. After all, bubblegumting your pants will suck big time lol. So will getting some random girl pregnant. I generally carry condoms anyways, but I don't carry them religiously like I do my pocket survival kit. Surprisingly many girls are like, lose the condom...but I'm not interested in having kids, which would be SHTF for me...

Thoughts? If you think the urban kit is more practical, what would you put in it?
This!

Before you even reach for a "go bag", expend some time researching the oodles of threads on preparedness, on this forum and elsewhere, and then break out some of your birthday money and spend a few bucks on a book or two on preparedness -- of which there are also multiple threads on the subject.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top