Gun Deals
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What are some examples of S/A firearms that are sold and transferred as other firearms?

arakboss

Reactions
Are there any new manufactured commonly available and affordable ($500ish) semi-auto firearms that are sold and transferred as an other firearm? What about semi-auto AOWs with detachable mags?

Here is one example of S/A that is classfied as other firearm but it's pretty spendy:
BFSIII™ Equipped FRANKLIN ARMORY® XO-26-S™

Last edited:

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Not to be a wet blanket...but the note at the bottom of the link says not for civilian sales in a list of states...Washington included.
Please note that I do not like or agree with this policy / limit / restriction / ban...Just pointing it out...for those of us north of Oregon.
Andy

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
Not to be a wet blanket...but the note at the bottom of the link says not for civilian sales in a list of states...Washington included.
Please note that I do not like or agree with this policy / limit / restriction / ban...Just pointing it out...
Andy
Yep I saw that. Oregon will probably be on their list one of these days.

User 1234

Reactions
That gun has the binary trigger which is a no go in Washington. The non-BFS version might be legal here but you would have to compare it against all of the state law definitions. Personally I would buy a used AR and a tax stamp and SBR it.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
That gun has the binary trigger which is a no go in Washington. The non-BFS version might be legal here but you would have to compare it against all of the state law definitions. Personally I would buy a used AR and a tax stamp and SBR it.
I am looking at this style of firearm as an IP16 alternative. Most existing AR platforms could be set up this way with addition of one, two or three parts.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
I am pretty sure IP16 would prohibit SBRs since it don't distinguish between rifle and SBR but the other firearm should be gtg.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
If IP 16 is passed I think I will build all my lowers as other firearms 26"+ with pistol braces or tubes. I will also convert my AR pistols to other firearms as well. That will allow me to have some s/a's not that are free spirits.

How about converting regular handguns to other firearms with some bizzaro stock, any cheap ideas? This might work for glocks if you can get 26+ overall length. Still not sure if the measurement is taken from end of ext tube or end of brace?
PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON KIT FOR GLOCKS

Last edited:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS