Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Low Price Guns
RifleClass.com
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What are some examples of S/A firearms that are sold and transferred as other firearms?

AndyinEverson

Reactions
  • Army
  • Law Around Here
Not to be a wet blanket...but the note at the bottom of the link says not for civilian sales in a list of states...Washington included.
Please note that I do not like or agree with this policy / limit / restriction / ban...Just pointing it out...for those of us north of Oregon.
Andy

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
Not to be a wet blanket...but the note at the bottom of the link says not for civilian sales in a list of states...Washington included.
Please note that I do not like or agree with this policy / limit / restriction / ban...Just pointing it out...
Andy
Yep I saw that. Oregon will probably be on their list one of these days.

User 1234

Reactions
That gun has the binary trigger which is a no go in Washington. The non-BFS version might be legal here but you would have to compare it against all of the state law definitions. Personally I would buy a used AR and a tax stamp and SBR it.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
That gun has the binary trigger which is a no go in Washington. The non-BFS version might be legal here but you would have to compare it against all of the state law definitions. Personally I would buy a used AR and a tax stamp and SBR it.
I am looking at this style of firearm as an IP16 alternative. Most existing AR platforms could be set up this way with addition of one, two or three parts.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
I am pretty sure IP16 would prohibit SBRs since it don't distinguish between rifle and SBR but the other firearm should be gtg.

OP
A

arakboss

Reactions
If IP 16 is passed I think I will build all my lowers as other firearms 26"+ with pistol braces or tubes. I will also convert my AR pistols to other firearms as well. That will allow me to have some s/a's not that are free spirits.

How about converting regular handguns to other firearms with some bizzaro stock, any cheap ideas? This might work for glocks if you can get 26+ overall length. Still not sure if the measurement is taken from end of ext tube or end of brace?
PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON KIT FOR GLOCKS

Last edited:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Armorer 1911 Course This was a 2 day course devoted to the iconic 1911. You might own a 1911 but, I assure you, you don't know it until you've...
    • Hueco
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    As a recent owner of a PTR91 a friend mentioned to me that Oregon Rifleworks has surplus magazines on hand for $3.99ea. I drove from Vancouver to...
    • svxr8dr
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS