JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, don't bite my head off. This thread is from November and it was not even me bit**inch about prices. What can I do if some dufus had to go comment on months old thread... :rolleyes:

Ammo is expensive and people are angry about it? Huh, never knew.

Really, how many more threads do we need on this topic? No offense to the OP here, but damn.........

Brags about buying out the existing stock of ammo , only to re-sell it at a exorbitant price...
Which brings up a good question....

IF a person buys ammo specifically with the INTENT to resell it is he/she potentially guilty of selling ammo without a license?

IF a person buys ammo specifically with the INTENT to resell it is he/she potentially guilty of selling ammo without a license?

MOOT.

ATF license only applies to manufacture, for ammunition. AFAIK.

Now state laws, rules & regulations may come into play, depending upon locale.

you beat me to it. but inevitable. now camal-as*'s birds of prey will swoop. thinking kamalafornia ammo reg is coming to a bi-mart near you. hope not, but bubbleguming amoungst ourselves is kindling their fire.
those that looked ahead and learned during the first and second hard times are probably in pretty good shape.
damn, wondering now how many in the last year went and purchased a new firearm, then asked for bullets?

"Reasonable" is Bi-Mart prices.

The interesting thing is that their prices have been steadily rising this whole time, to the point that their "reasonable" prices are about what the "gouger" prices were a year ago. :)

I'm not complaining about Bimart raising their prices though. It makes perfect sense for them to do so. It's a minor expense for the guy who only wants a couple boxes, and takes a little wind out of the sails of the scalpers. They probably don't have much choice anyhow; why would anyone in any part of the supply chain not raise their prices to at least some degree, given such high demand?

The interesting thing is that their prices have been steadily rising this whole time, to the point that their "reasonable" prices are about what the "gouger" prices were a year ago. :)

I'm not complaining about Bimart raising their prices though. It makes perfect sense for them to do so. It's a minor expense for the guy who only wants a couple boxes, and takes a little wind out of the sails of the scalpers. They probably don't have much choice anyhow; why would anyone in any part of the supply chain not raise their prices to at least some degree, given such high demand?
Go look at CCI and Hodgdon websites. Prices are going up from OEM

This reminds me of the housing bubble back a few years. Houses were selling FASTER than we could build them. So this week the 2400 cost $180k. Next week it was $200k. The week after that it was $225k, and so on. In 2008 when the bubble burst, all these people were trying to get out of them and THOUGHT they had a $225k-$275k house. What they HAD was a $180k house that they paid too much for. The same with these high ammo prices, when things settle down, you have lost a lot of money if you have been buying at today's prices.

And now, around here, a small, semi-fixer-upper, 3 BR ONE bath, 500K. That's a half a million bucks. Which ain't what it used to be.

An object is worth what one party is willing to pay to another party who is willing to sell. Pretty simple.

It's when relative values do an adjustment that there's Hell to pay.

But my thinking is, don't look for an over-all huge deflationary adjustment any time soon. Of the money in circulation, 20% was created within the past year. And, we are about to have the US Gov't dump another $1.9 Trillion into the hopper. All this money floating around has to go somewhere.

There are additional dynamics working in the world of guns and ammo. I'll venture a guess now that new highs have been tested, prices in future will never go back down to what they were previously.

One of our members here told me in another post that there is "no such thing as gouging" and suggested I read a book or two written by someone elses husband agreeing with his opinion. I'm sure the same would be proclaimed if food shortages and starvation were the topic at hand.

"Reasonable" is Bi-Mart prices.

Bi-Mart is the only place I buy ammo from nowadays.

$1 a round for range ammo (common calibers) is not "reasonable" IMO. Especially if you are ripping off your own community whom you shoot and trade with.

There is a moral component to being a good neighbor and businessman. At least, if you are playing the long game. If you are in it to make a quick buck, then you are not a serious man, you are just a street hustler.

That being said, everyone has the right to engage in whatever business deals they want.

I was talking to a friend, who told me about a sign taped to the ammo shelves at the local gun shop where he lives, something along the lines of:

"You'll find our shelves are not bare like most, and our prices are high right now. This is because we spend a lot of time searching for ammo wherever we can find it, and we pay whatever we have to for it, to make sure we actually have some available for our customers.

We apologize for the temporary high prices. When our costs go down, our prices will too."

Hey, don't bite my head off. This thread is from November and it was not even me bit**inch about prices. What can I do if some dufus had to go comment on months old thread... :rolleyes:

Ha! Good point! I owe you an apology! :)

I think there was some merged thread confusion going on, and as I recall his post was in regard to someone else. I was reading the other thread when it vanished, and I saw the posts from it here.

Bimart prices lol

this mornings haul DC485D8C-DC63-4D48-ABC6-C441455D818F.jpeg 2A8F6A1F-C24D-4672-9F7F-7FB620053A66.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top