JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys. Well this is not really something I have put much thought into until I recently acquired a s&w sport 2 with the a2 grip. Well needless to say I absolutely hate it. I was spoiled as the first AR I ever purchased came with magpul MOE grip and it fit me fairly well. So why fix what isn't broken right? My hands are slightly above a large glove size (they are really snug) but not quite xl glove size (they are a bit loose). So what are your thoughts on the best one om the market and why?

Magpul k2, bcm mod 3, i like the grip texture on magpuls more, but both have fantastic grip angles. A2 grips hurt my wrist the way it forces me to hold them. Most other grips i havnt worked with. Except moe and DD, which were fine but not to my taste.

You don't find them to tacky? I had one of the houge grips for a 1911 and it would stick to my clothes giving me issue on drawing occasionally. It was very comfortable and put my hand in a great position I went back to the wood grips though. I have no experience with ergo's product but have felt their tactical delux on a target rifle and found it to large for my hand.

K2+ because of the angle and it's more comfortable to shoot off the bench. It's even very comfortable to shoot in different field positions. I have them on all of my AR's. While shooting a black rifle challenge, this grip was mentioned a lot. I decided to try it and really like it.
rTzWjRU.jpg

I actually have an ergo grip with adjustable palm shelf. Do not like it at all. I tried to sell it on ebay, but ebay kept canceling my auction. Said they didn't allow "assault weapon" parts to be sold there. Bunch of bs, so I'll sell it at a gunshow table or to someone here that wants to give it a try. If anyone wants to try it, send me a PM..

As far as hogue, yes I've tried that one too:
xwnKtP1.jpg
It didn't appeal to me.

Here's a closer look at the K2+ that I prefer:
SPInwsA.jpg

Last Edited:
So i see a lot about the k2 and the bcm mod 3 I was just unsure of how much it would help my shooting or if it would hinder me. They are both on my list of consideration. To put it in perspective my first pistol was a 1911 and I learned to shoot it well but I just can't transition to a glock. The grip angle just feels un natural to me. I am sure with time and training I could learn it but i just don't want to.

So i see a lot about the k2 and the bcm mod 3 I was just unsure of how much it would help my shooting or if it would hinder me. They are both on my list of consideration. To put it in perspective my first pistol was a 1911 and I learned to shoot it well but I just can't transition to a glock. The grip angle just feels un natural to me. I am sure with time and training I could learn it but i just don't want to.

If you go to other sites and see what they are using, the K2+ and BCM grip get mentioned a lot and for good reason. I'm mainly talking about guys that shoot a lot. Where there groups/shots really matter. Since you are talking about improving your shooting, I believe switching to a more comfortable grip will help you. I know it did me.

Last Edited:

I transitioned from a Para P14 2011 (double stack) which has an extra wide grip, to a Glock 34... I was able to adjust I think because the double stack grips are similar... but I still miss the SA trigger...

Im a simple man.

The magpul grips are my go to.
If I had more of a target AR Id get the Ergo grip with the palmswell. Awesome feeling grip. I think they call rhino hide or something like that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top