Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What AR pistol cases or packs to you use?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Dec 21, 2014.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I was thinking about using my AR pistol for a woods gun while out hiking/ exploring in the woods.
    I was trying to loom for a pack or something I can discreetly and comfortably carry it while hiking in the woods.

Any bags or packs you guys use to carry one in?
    I have a red dot on mine and don't mind carrying it broken down in upper and lower. I just don't want to beat up my optic.

Any suggestions/ photos you guys (and girls) have send them my way.

Thanks,

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

3. countryboy865

countryboy865 Hillsboro Member

ARfcom has a discrete breakdown case that will fit a broke down 16" ar-15 or a fully assembled SBR.

I use one its nice.
    b4tf78.jpg

b4tf78.jpg

mjbskwim and IronMonster like this.
  4. 68fastback

68fastback Linn County OR Active Member

Not sure how long I'd want to carry them these are the soft cases I've been using. They are very thick and padded and have straps to put over the shoulder. Also have zippers with holes for padlocks. Made by Vism, two lengths 32" and 34". I used the 34" for the M92 with folding arm brace. And plenty of room for red dots :)
    Part # CV2910-32, CV2910-34 only around $25 from Amazon. IMAG0685.jpg IMAG0687.jpg

5. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I love how Diamond Tactical makes a case that is shaped like a guitar and then puts a big label saying "DIAMOND TACTICAL" on it. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine takes his AK folder to the range in a tennis racket bag that he bought at a yard sale.

mjbskwim and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  7. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really like that spryder covert bag, but $170!
    Dang.

8. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Go find a used bag at goodwill. I Dont know about ar pistols but I do know that a mini draco will fit in a hydration pack and a briefcase.

clearconscience likes this.
  9. countryboy865

countryboy865 Hillsboro Member

I also use a elberlestock gunfighter 2

10. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I built my pistol ar with the exact same thinkng. A decent camp, woods, hiking gun. I love the fact that I can throw . 22 down the pipe with a simple change of the bolt. I just have it on a sling and don't care who sees it.

I would rarely open carry in the city, but in the woods a gun is not out of place.