JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those into 80% lowers and frames, now might be a good time to bulk up before the elections, who knows what BrownStain Kate might pull! I would also stock up on high cap mags for every thing you have now, and any thing you might want to add later on! Any ammo that might get listed would also be a god idea!

EPL's and blanks/AK flats, jigs/tools for same, M855 and other milspec-ish ammo, and full-cap or beyond mags. Hell, I'm even considering picking up some L- and C-drums for Thompsons if I can make the budget numbers work... and I don't even own a TSMG in either full or semi.

Maybe pick up a couple junker versions of stuff you like so that if they go Gestapo you can hand over the junker lower, say "parted it out this is all that's left" and you've moved all the parts onto a new 80% "ghost".

Don't know about now, but I carried seven mags in Vietnam [1 in my rifle + six loaded], and 200 rounds in stripper clips in my ruck.

I carried 18 plus one in the rifle, we only had 20 round magazines, down loaded to 18 each. carried in bandoliers. The ammo back then came in 20 round boxes, 2 10 round stripper clips, 7 boxes to a bandolier. A loaded magazine could fit in each pocket we left the middle pocket empty to ride better on a side. I had a fourth bandolier with six frag grenades. Carried six canteens too.Way better ammo load than with the M-14, seven to nine magazines (but all topped to 20) Good time being miserable

If you were looking to get parts you should have done it months ago with all the police shootings that's happened places are starting to run out of stuff already.

AR receivers seem to be going away fast and most of the whole sellers are out or limiting quantities' to two per household. 223 Ammo is still available here in the Coeur d Alene area at the moment but supply is starting to dry up as most of the cheaper stuff is gone already just leaving the pricier stuff on the shelves.

Mags are still all over but just one more incident and all bets are off.

I have put together several over the last year and have enough spare parts to rebuild them a couple times. Springs, pins, extractor and a spare firing pin will keep you running for a long time. The reason I said built several is why just keep spare parts when you can have a spare gun or two in the safe.

I have been buying a couple mags and ammo every payday so I can still shoot during the next panic.

It's the prepper mentality I can't seem to get away from.

If you were looking to get parts you should have done it months ago with all the police shootings that's happened places are starting to run out of stuff already.

AR receivers seem to be going away fast and most of the whole sellers are out or limiting quantities' to two per household. 223 Ammo is still available here in the Coeur d Alene area at the moment but supply is starting to dry up as most of the cheaper stuff is gone already just leaving the pricier stuff on the shelves.

Mags are still all over but just one more incident and all bets are off.

I have put together several over the last year and have enough spare parts to rebuild them a couple times. Springs, pins, extractor and a spare firing pin will keep you running for a long time. The reason I said built several is why just keep spare parts when you can have a spare gun or two in the safe.

I have been buying a couple mags and ammo every payday so I can still shoot during the next panic.

It's the prepper mentality I can't seem to get away from.

Notice that this thread was started on 2014.

E

So......it's been a year and a half since I originally started this thread......how is everyone feeling today?

E

Yes I know it was started in 2014 but you asked how we all feel today. Well for the last year AR's and all AR parts where easy to get as well as ammo and I have stockpiled up a lot. But with all the police shootings it has all changed and we are back to a mild panic at least in my area and I feel it will get worse as the election moves forward.
California just passed a bunch new laws and Oregon would like to push more so how do I feel well if you did not stock up in 2015 with the parts you felt you needed to build your own or sell when it was every where and cheap then in some areas and states you may not get it.

Was this not what you asked.

Yes I know it was started in 2014 but you asked how we all feel today. Well for the last year AR's and all AR parts where easy to get as well as ammo and I have stockpiled up a lot. But with all the police shootings it has all changed and we are back to a mild panic at least in my area and I feel it will get worse as the election moves forward.
California just passed a bunch new laws and Oregon would like to push more so how do I feel well if you did not stock up in 2015 with the parts you felt you needed to build your own or sell when it was every where and cheap then in some areas and states you may not get it.

Was this not what you asked.

Well I guess I did! :p

I feel as you do that we are on the verge of another panic. It could go either way at this point but I think folks are on edge.

Since I originally posted thus thread I have added extra BCG's, LPK's, magazines, ammo, primers, powder, bullets, stripped lowers, stripped uppers, spare parts......pretty much anything I found at normal or sale prices.

For example Palmetto State had a run of blemished BCG'S for $49.99. I grabbed a handful of those. Another dealer had Anderson stripped lowers for $29 so I snatched up some of those as well.

The only thing I am wondering is if I should add is an extra barrel or two at this point.

E

Like some had said in the first part of the post BCG and lowers where the two main items hard to find.

Only certain barrels where hard to find in the last panic at first if you wanted a 20 in it was easy for a long time but if you wanted a 14.5 or 16 in chrome lined well that was a whole different story. Currently there have been some sales on BBLs. I know Bravo Company has a 14.5 light for cheap (at least for them) Green Mountain BBLs and KAK Industry had a couple sales as well it just depends what features your after.

Lower part kits where also tough to find so having a couple would not hurt. I know KAK had two kits for $100 I have a couple and one has fired around 4000 rounds the other around 1000 with no problems and they are made in the USA. So I bought two kits for storage but I also have a DPMS and a Delton kit in storage as well.

As far as extra BBL let's just say I have a complete extra upper with furniture, sites and zeroed just in case stuff happens. You start collecting parts the next thing you realize it is easier to store as a complete unit vs. separate parts.

MAGs are still available and cheap but who knows for how long. AIM Surplus had P Mags cheap with free shipping. I just got 15 OD Green but it looks like they are out of the OD Green now and just have black left they are the gen 2.

If you are going to stock up ya might want to do it now if you have not all ready as this election may change what we can or cannot get.

Just my thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads