JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I think acquiring form 4 & 1 items for my personal use is the highest priority right now.
Gun Trusts are still a legal way to buy them and someday soon, that door may close.
Look what happened to the prices of machine guns after the 1986 Firearms Owners Protection act was passed.

Have we learned nothing in the last two years?
Buy what you need and only what you need. Panic buying creates shortages.

Who said anything about panic buying? Every item I listed in my original post is readily available and often on sale right now.

This is the opposite of panic buying.

E

you would be better off putting aside money into a F-U fund...at least 6 months worth of monthly expenses in-case you lose your job. Then max out what you can put in a Roth IRA, if your company matches what you put into 401k there is another good place to put your money as long as you know what it is invested in..

and if you still have money you want to save and try to make money on: verizon stock is a good place to put it. they stay relatively level and don't really go up or down at all, however they do pay 4% dividends quarterly to their stock holders. there are no banks paying 4% for savings accounts.. 4% is pretty good.

trying to resell parts to desperate people to make a quick buck is not a good business plan IMO.

Far as I'm concerned All that overpriced crap can stay on your shelves indefinitely for all I care. I don't want or need it and won't overpay for something.

you would be better off putting aside money into a F-U fund...at least 6 months worth of monthly expenses in-case you lose your job. Then max out what you can put in a Roth IRA, if your company matches what you put into 401k there is another good place to put your money as long as you know what it is invested in....and if you still have money you want to save and try to make money on: verizon stock is a good place to put it. they stay relatively level and don't really go up or down at all, however they do pay 4% dividends quarterly to their stock holders. there are no banks paying 4% for savings accounts.. 4% is pretty good.

Thanks for the advice dad, but I think you are reading more into this thread than it was intended. No one is suggesting this as a way to bankroll one's retirement. :rolleyes:

What I am suggesting is having a small surplus of high demand items that can be used to acquire other high demand items.

For example, a few weeks after Sandyhook I found myself in very short supply of large pistol primers (I know..my own fault) and by that time the shelves of local retailers had been stripped bare.

So, I started watching classifieds and soon located a guy selling primers. I didn't want to pay his asking price so I offered him two new P-mags that I had acquired pre-Sandyhook for $10 each and reached a trade agreement for his primers. Everybody happy!

Another example from last Sunday at the PDX gun show. My buddy traded about $40 worth of Remington .22lr to one of the table dealers for $90 worth of S&W handgun magazines. Again..everybody happy!

Currently there are deals to be found in the gun world. I've seen new 30 round AR magazines for as cheap as $5.99 and BGC's for $49.99 just this past month. I purchased small quantities of both and even if I never sell or trade them, they are items that I will likely use in the future.

E

Last Edited:
Thanks for the advice dad, but I think you are reading more into this thread than it was intended. No one is suggesting this as a way to bankroll one's retirement. :rolleyes:

What I am suggesting is having a small surplus of high demand items that can be used to acquire other high demand items.

For example, a few weeks after Sandyhook I found myself in very short supply of large pistol primers (I know..my own fault) and by that time the shelves of local retailers had been stripped bare.

So, I started watching classifieds and soon located a guy selling primers. I didn't want to pay his asking price so I offered him two new P-mags that I had acquired pre-Sandyhook for $10 each and reached a trade agreement for his primers. Everybody happy!

Another example from last Sunday at the PDX gun show. My buddy traded about $40 worth of Remington .22lr to one of the table dealers for $90 worth of S&W handgun magazines. Again..everybody happy!

Currently there are deals to be found in the gun world. I've seen new 30 round AR magazines for as cheap as $5.99 and BGC's for $49.99 just this past month. I purchased small quantities of both and even if I never sell or trade them, they are items that I will likely use in the future.

E

I would agree with the earlier comment that the highest likelihood would be for Democrats to go after high cap magazines here in Oregon, just like they did in Colorado. They would no doubt consider doing that to be a more moderate, and compromise goal, rather than a ban on the sale and transfer of "Assault" weapons.

But if that should indeed happen, then stocking up on mags now beyond what you think you might need for yourself would be pointless. And that is because the transfer of such mags would then become illegal.

You would not be able to trade something that is no longer legal to transfer. And my guess is that if such a bill is past, then there will probably be some kind of "emergency" clause in the legislation, making it go into effect quickly.

Your window for doing any legal trading would thus no doubt be a short one.

I always get a kick out of the guys that have 100, 30rd magazines to be "prepared". But only have 500 rounds of ammo, or only enough to load 16 total mags.

Personally I would rather have 10 mags and 2000 rds of ammo, or more..........

I always get a kick out of the guys that have 100, 30rd magazines to be "prepared". But only have 500 rounds of ammo, or only enough to load 16 total mags.

Personally I would rather have 10 mags and 2000 rds of ammo, or more..........

That is a good point. There is also a practical limit on the number of mags that a person can carry.

Does anyone by any chance know how many mags US Troops usually go into combat with? I've often wondered about that.

It appears that the "standard" Army load out is 7+1. On google search it seems 10+1 in combat seems pretty normal with a few carrying 15+

I know many of the LBV's easily carry 12 mags so that would be 13 mag.

I have over 100 AR mags, but I have a few different styles and all are loaded.

20rd USGI for my target AR. 7/bandoleer, 2 bandoleers per 30 cal ammo can. This is very handy when I want go do some shooting. Grab a can or two.

20rd OD P-mags get run in my .300 Whisper.

30rd P-mag for general use with FMJ

Beta drums, just cool

Blackdog mags for the .22

Belts for the Razorback .22

Have we learned nothing in the last two years?
Buy what you need and only what you need. Panic buying creates shortages.

Well, since this is potentially only in Oregon, there is no way that it could ever possibly get as bad as it has been in the past, when folks were scared of what Obama might do. For even if everything dried up at local stores here in Oregon, one could still buy from out of state online sources.

At least we know for the next couple of years that nothing is going to happen on the Federal level.

I'm sure hoping that a massive crowd shows up in Salem on the 9th. We are really going to need to impress the legislature that day.

Build complete cheap rifles, buy alot of mags, those are the most likely to be banned. Figure 100 mags 5-10 bucks extra you've got 500-1000 profit.

Or be the cool guy stock up on all the stuff then when its all out of stock sell for the regular price get alot of positive feedback.

On second thought capitalism is amazing charge whatever the market will bare (gouge away my friend or lose your bubblegum trying)

Although not an AR part, I'm adding Ruger BX-25 magazines to my list.....and I don't even own a 10/22....yet.

E

Last Edited:
Yep, if you're in Oregon, I would think any magazine above a 10 round capacity would be high on your list right now. Gov. Kate is coming for your magazines....

Beyond that, some lowers, LPK's, though I don't know if you'll have problems buying those even after Katie has her way with your rights. I don't know, I think it could go both ways...;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top