JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Right now there appears to be somewhat of a glut of AR parts on the market and there have been some smoking hot deals to be had.

During the last great panic, the AR items that I saw most in demand were.....

1.) Stripped lower receivers.
2.) Bolt carrier groups.
3.) Lower parts kits.
4.) Magazines.

As the saying goes, buy low...sell high. In your opinion, what other items should be acquired at this time that will be in high demand in the next buying frenzy?

E

Honestly I think there will be a relatively small chance of having another panic like the last one any time soon. There where so many AR parts built and shipped and everyone who got caught without something they wanted now has three or four of them sitting on the shelf.

You never know though. But my guess is next time you wont see the level of madness we had last go around, at least in the AR market.

All the stuff on your list is good to have if your a AR guy. If you buy it right its as good as having money in the bank.

I have been conteplating the same question.

Unfortunately the next panic is not a matter of if but when. I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

I would add ammo to the list 9MM, 380, 223, 7,62 and the illusive 22LR

Everything was scarce,including primers,powders,bullets and brass.
Buy all the parts you can afford.I have seen LOTS of lowers go thru the LGS. And I'm sure the guys picking them up are having the rest of the parts sent to their homes

Everything was scarce,including primers,powders,bullets and brass.
Buy all the parts you can afford.I have seen LOTS of lowers go thru the LGS. And I'm sure the guys picking them up are having the rest of the parts sent to their homes

Ok you stumped me on that one....what is "LGS"?

E

Uppers, those were harder to come by during the "panic" more so than lowers.

Buy 2-3 lowers now, Id get the cheaper Andersons (seriously no worse than other higher end lowers) then nab up a few uppers right meow.

I suppose BCG's were hot ticket items as well.

I would say, anything that would be considered "consumables":
ammunition - including (if you can reload) all components.
parts that wear out - firing pins, springs, barrels, bolts, etc..
Magazines
I would also say batteries but you could always survive on iron sights.
Learn how to build repair and maintain weapons systems, ie tools, training etc.. this will be a skill that will be very valuable if TSHTF.

If you are trying to buy things you can make money on, I have no idea.

Yes, mags!

I didnt consider that, I must have ourchased around 100 usgi style mags and quite a few various polymer ones as well.
(Never could part with them though)
Same goes for AK steel surplus mags..
You could make a potential fortune in the next panic.

Everything AR related if you live in Oregon. The state legislature is now completely anti-gun, and the odds of a scary rifle ban and standard capacity ban are very high.

Personally I don't think how much money you could make in the next panic should be part of your plan.

My approach has been looking at it from the view point "what if tomorrow you could never buy another part?" I can repair and maintain my guns for the rest of my life with what I have on hand. I keep it well organized so I know if there is something I might want to buy more of while I can. I don't have any desire to be the guy gouging people when the parts disappear, I also don't want to be the guy paying 10 times what it's worth because I was too dumb to put it up when it was cheap.

image.jpg

I got one of these for my next build to be different, but I think magazines are a good cheap item now and they might be a sought after item in the future and if not You will have spares.

Ammo, powder, brass, primers and bullets. As much as you can get.

This is my thing also..... I can only shoot one AR at a time so..... I am trying to get enough food stored up to feed them for a long time :D

I have seen a few good deals on parts and might pick up a few BCGs just for spares.

I'm with IronMonster. Getting "rich" a buck at a time for over charging some buddies on gas rings and lowers is probably not gonna be very lucrative. Much better investments to be made in the housing market, money markets, stocks, etc.

On an individual level:
On the other hand, it is certainly prime time to buy. Dirt cheap stuff everywhere. Think about parts that have legitimately failed for you, or are common to fail. Get a couple extra in a small tackle box.

There is a certain inventory amount that a guy should keep for himself, but I see nothing wrong in having a surplus of some items that can be traded for other items.

E

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top